Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

so hurt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi...its my birthday and for the second year running my bf has forgot....we had a big row bout it last year and he actually blamed me for not reminding him.....this year he forgot again...we r together 3 yrs.....doesnt help wen my mates bf is takin her to paris for hers nx week.....all i wanted was a nice card and a cuddle....i feel so unimportant and unloved but dont wanna start another row....any suggestions of how to go about this:chin:

Comments

• Options
    Hey Angel,

Happy Birthday!!! :birthday:
    I am sory to hear your boy friend forgot it was your birthday once again, it's understandable you are angry with this. Have you spoke to him about the overall relationship? It may help trying to make him understand how YOU feel about that *hug*
  • Options
    tried to but he is a muslim....im treated as second class and he thinks i am lucky that he chose me as his gf.....he thinks ther is no probs and that my feelings are what he describes as stupid thoughts in my head......thanx for your reply...xxx*hug*
  • Options
    angel777 wrote: »
    .im treated as second class and he thinks i am lucky that he chose me as his gf.....he thinks ther is no probs and that my feelings are what he describes as stupid thoughts in my head......thanx for your reply...xxx*hug*

I think thats much more the issue than whether he forgets your birthday tbh

dump him
  • Options
    I think thats much more the issue than whether he forgets your birthday tbh

dump him
    I'm inclined to agree. In the long run you'll hurt less.

:birthday: Try to have a good one regardless!
  • Options
    You deserve better than being treated as second class. Get rid
  • Options
    well relating to your birthday, why wouldnt you just remind him a few weeks before? believe me when its my birthday everyone knows! some people are just forgetful!!

but, if he is treating you as a second class citizen and discounting your feelings this is symptomatic of a whole other problem in the relationship. dont let someone treat you badly.. hes lucky youve stuck around so long!
  • Options
    oh i know he no good for me but i havent the courage to end it...i dont know why but i love him and couldnt imagine my life without him....when we are alone things are fine...but wen anyone else his culture comes into the house i am ignored and he goes to kitchen to talk to them...as they talk in different language i wouldnt understand anyway......i am so depressed ...i love this man so much and i know im not that important to him and it hurts me so much that i cant end it...im so stupid...iv been tru a long marriage and ended it but the few years after that wer horrendous...mayb its just the pain im gunna feel that is putting me off ending it...sorry for the lonnggg moan...but its good to get it of my chest:(
  • Options
    You do have the courage, you just need to find it.