Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Disappointing food, particularly chocolate.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Carrying on from the general agreement that we're seriously fucked off that Milk Way magic stars are not little star shaped milky ways but in fact just bloody chocolate, what have you been disappointed by, food wise, when they first came out ?

Cadbury Heroes. Mmmmm me thinks. Mini chocolate bars. Mini topic, mini bournville, mini crunchie. No, not mini crunchie. Ball of chocolate with all the bits in that fell off the fucking crunchie making conveyor belt.

Ditto Celebrations. No giant Malteser, just bit's off the floor in chocolate.

Tizer Ice. Was supposed to 'taste cold' when warm. Tastes like anti-freeze when cold or warm.

Golden Nuggets. My favourite when i was a kid. Over loaded with sugar and colouring and proper rough, just blown apart by dynamite, boulders. Now pale, insipid crappy little balls that don't go chewy in the milk like they used to.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    This is so true! I bought some revels in the cinema the other day (silly because total rip-off at the best of times) but I used to love them and now they seemed to taste of absolutely nothing!

I am quite partial to a whispa bar still though :chin:

In terms of chocolate, I think Green & Blacks is still quite a safe bet?
  • Options
    I still haven't got over the fact that no-one includes coffee cream in their selection boxes. Same with coffee walnut whips :(

My major disappointment though is that all of my old favourites are smaller now than they used to be - Curly Wurly, Mars Bars etc
  • Options
    I dont think i've ever been dissapointed by chocolate! Apart from Herschey's theyre a waste of time
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Tizer Ice. Was supposed to 'taste cold' when warm. Tastes like anti-freeze when cold or warm.

I remember that. I only bought it once just to try and never bought it again.

Mine would have to be that nestle krave. One of the most sickly cereals I've ever tasted. Coca Cola with lime was a let down too.
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    In terms of chocolate, I think Green & Blacks is still quite a safe bet?

Maya gold :yum:

Heroes are naff. Chocolate eclairs. WTF!
  • Options
    I bought Lucky Charms in the states. Marshmallows my bum. Hard sugar that goes really manky in milk.

Still totally addictive, of course...

Southern Hemisphere chocolate is horrid (Australia/Singapore, anyway, it has something in it to make it melt less quickly) and so is anything made by Hershey's.
  • Options
    dark chocolate jaffa cakes. taste no different to normal ones and they're dry. which i'm assuming is the fault of the supermarket and how they've been stored. but still.
  • Options
    Dairy Milk anything in NZ, yueck!!!!!!
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    Dairy Milk anything in NZ, yueck!!!!!!
    They have this weird one with fruit cream in Australia, which would be quite nice if they didn't put something in the chocolate that DESTROYS anything good that was ever in it.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I dont think i've ever been dissapointed by chocolate! Apart from Herschey's theyre a waste of time

Oh god yeh. My mums friend from america brought a load over when she came to visit. Horrible chocolate!:yuck:
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Oh god yeh. My mums friend from america brought a load over when she came to visit. Horrible chocolate!:yuck:
    Hmm the cookies and cream one is nice though.
  • Options
    Anyone been to Amsterdam? Had those croquette things from the croquette chain place? They look so golden delicious and taste like someone shat in your mouth. Also, I remember heinz tomato soup being a lot nicer.
  • Options
    Hmm the cookies and cream one is nice though.

That's true, but it's also not real chocolate.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    Also, I remember heinz tomato soup being a lot nicer.

100% agree. The recipe on Heinz soup has completely changed, as has their Oxtail.

Fanta's recipe changed about 6-8 years back and they took all the sugar and flavourings out - it tastes like ass now. You can still get proper Fanta abroad, though!
  • Options
    I remember the first generation alcopops when they came out. I was seriously excited about it, I even managed to talk mum into getting me a couple for Christmas. And then I had a sip.

Hooper's Hooch tasted, quite literally, of piss. :yuck:
  • Options
    Oh god, no, hooch is the best lemonade I've ever tasted.
  • Options
    WTF has happened to Mars Bars recently? They seem chewy now... or is it my old teeth not working so well?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Don't like chocolate.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    or is it my old teeth not working so well?
    WTF has happened to Mars Bars recently? They seem chewy now...

Pop some new ones in old man. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Pop some new ones in old man. :D

They are still all mine :thumb:
  • Options
    They are still all mine :thumb:

:thumb:
    Same here thankfully. I have a proper fear of losing teeth. Weird.

Probably help that I don't liek chocolate.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    WTF has happened to Mars Bars recently? They seem chewy now... or is it my old teeth not working so well?
    Don't get me started on Mars Bars! Remember when the 'king size' Mars was massive and chunky? Then they changed it so the shape was longer and narrower, with a thinner layer of chocolate, and the overall mass was lower. 'King size' my arse!
  • Options
    You can't get them anymore anyway, you have to buy a "Duo". Two slightly smaller bars than a standard Mars...

I used to love King Size Mars Bars
  • Options
    I remember buying hersheys in america since they raved about them...absolute rank. Though in america they use oil instead of milk don't they? KFC used to be alot nicer in the 90s. Also, lindt salty chocolate....who in their right mind thought salt and chocolate went together??
  • Options
    THE CADBURYS Spots and stripes thing was a bit pointless. and the mars eggs. for the same price you can have a regular mars bar with more to eat.
  • Options
    Herseys chocolate. :sour: I had to talk my mum out of buying some when we where in NY.