Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help me, people of lesite!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need a dress. My big sister is getting married in May and I need a dress to wear to her wedding. I am an usher so I have to look fairly respectable, and it has to go with a nice pair of flats because I am assuming I am banned from heels (both my twin and my older sister are 5'8"/5'9" and twinnie is the other usher).

So far, the only dress that I've liked is this one, and it has been vetoed by my mother.

A few things to bear in mind:

1. I am 6'0". That means dresses that are normal length on your average girl will be several inches shorter on me.
2. I am a 34E and I don't really fancy dealing with a strapless bra. That means no backless/strapless/oneshoulder dresses, please.
3. I am also blessed with hips. So anything which puffs out in that area will make me look even bigger. No tulip dresses, please.
4. I have to coordinate with my twin. I think she's going black/cream, though, so this leaves you with lots of options.
5. Red washes me out.
6. My sister appears to be going for the 'hippie tea party' theme. God knows why, since her fiance is the most middle-class stereotypical person you could ever meet (tennis, brown loafers with no socks, white chinos, that kind of thing - he's lovely, though). So it kind of has to fit in with that.

Aside from that, do your worst :D.

Comments