Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Vibro plate - does it really work??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys I'm thinking of buying a vibro plate, I want to start getting fit/losing weight. I am really struggling to do exercise, got a 3 year old and 12 week old baby so the days are full of playgroups ect and nights are ironing/clearing up so cant nip to the gym, try and get on wii, but its not like its a real work out! I will start walking more when its nicer weather.

I think a vibro plate would be good, can go on it in evenings, in day when baby is asleep, nip on it for 10 mins and its like you've done a full workout (so they say?!)

Have you got one? Have you lost alot of weight with it?

EDIT: Does it matter which one you get, will they all be the same? I have saw one for £100, will it be as powerful??

Comments

• Options
    This is a big waste of money.
    My advise would to be wrap up warm and the kiddies.
    And go for strolls whatever the weather i know its a pain facing the weather but once your out and walking its lovely and also pushing a pram will make your arms slender.
    Wherever u go walk!!!
    Thats what my health visiter said to me 11 years ago she said i had big thighs lol(cheeky bitch) but i took her advise and now they are super slim with a gap between them!!! x
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, I bought a cheap double when I was pregnant so will get that out and start using it - we live quite rural so its at least a 20min walk to playgroup and an hour walk to town but if the 3 year old can go in the double then I dont mind walking that far.
  • Options
    In my opinion a Wii with the right sporty games to it is more work out than a vibro plate.

If you are able to spend that much money one something, get one of those nordic walking hometrainer and do "real" work out.
  • Options
    I think those vibro plates are more for 'toning' than anything else. If you are slightly overweight now, the chances are you won't see any real benefits. As Strubbs says, a sporty Wii game would probably do more for you than a vibro plate, which are very expensive for the good ones. Nordic skis are very good. Low impact on your joints etc but you do need a bit of space to home it.
  • Options
    they are good for toning but if you are trying to lose fat you need to partake in aerobic activity.
  • Options
    i use a power plate machine for ten minutes, three times per week. however, i combine this with lots of cardio and weight training. a power plate machine won't help you to lose weight, it helps tone you body :)
This discussion has been closed.