Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Teacher Confidentiality

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am 18, and wanted to know if teachers would have to inform my mum of anything I told them, such as self harm, because I am 18.

Comments

• Options
    I told my teacher was I was 15 and they just told the COP staff and then they spoke to me about it.

So I wouldn't of thought they'd tell your parents, they'd keep that confidential :)
  • Options
    No, they won't as you are classified as an adult.
  • Options
    Hey muchacha :wave:

It's really positive that you're thinking about confiding in your teacher and good to find out what that could potentially mean. As brunettebarbie says, now that you are 18 it's unlikely that they would tell your mum but perhaps refer you to someone within the school.

We have an article about confidentiality which might help to explain things: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/understandingconfidentiality Different schools will have their own policies within the school so you may want to ask your teacher for some info about theirs first? Just to put you at ease.

Good luck with it :thumb: