Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worried because of last time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heyy,

(please don't reply with comments about my age, and how I shouldn't be having sex etc. I would just like advice)

The boy I am currently with, I was with last year for 5ish months. I took his virginity, but when we had sex I bled really heavily! Which was so embarrassing, and rather worrying! I lost my virginity a long time ago, as I was raped, so it wasn't my hymen breaking or anything.

And now I'm really worried that, if we do have sex again (which we have no intention of yet, as we've only been back together a month or so) that I will bleed again :( To this day, I still don't know why I bled, I wasn't on the pill or anything so it's nothing to do with that.
Any ideas? x

Comments

• Options
    Hymens can regrow if it's been a long time since you had sex. I'm not sure of your age but if you are quite young your body may be simply too underdeveloped to facilitate a penis. If you were nervous and under stimulated you could have had a friction bleed. Have you stopped bleeding?
  • Options
    I've had sex with 5 people... I never bled with any of the others (expect when I was raped) and all of them are older than current boyfriend, so penis's are larger etc.
    And wasn't a long time since I'd last had sex, a couple of months at most I think
    And, this was last summer, so yeah I've stopped bleeding :p
  • Options
    if you bled heavily last time, and it wasnt just a little blood cos of your hymen, then its probably that the sex brought on your period if it was close to that time of the month anyway.
    theres no reason it should happen again
  • Options
    then its probably that the sex brought on your period if it was close to that time of the month anyway.

Can that happen? It was probably that then, because the bleeding lasted for a few days, thanks Suzy :)
  • Options
    Can that happen? It was probably that then, because the bleeding lasted for a few days, thanks Suzy :)
    :yes:

Happens to me all the time.
  • Options
    Omg, thank god for that! I was so worried! Thanks girlies :)
  • Options
    Omg, thank god for that! I was so worried! Thanks girlies :)
    And excuse me while I do the protective-older-sister thing:

I hope you're using protection more than just the pill. You can never be too careful and all that.
  • Options
    I will when I have sex with him yeah :) Thinking of coming off the pill anyway, had a "period" for over a month now :grump: not fun
  • Options
    Thinking of coming off the pill anyway, had a "period" for over a month now :grump: not fun

Go back and ask to try another one.

Edit - or maybe think about the implant / injection.
  • Options
    BA you should get the implant its brilliant
    i got it 9 months ago and ive had one period since :d

x
  • Options
    How protective are they though? Like, the pills 90% or something isn't it?
    And, does it hurt when it gets put it? Annnddd, how long does it last? Oh, and can you notice it?

:) x
  • Options
    I think this NHS site is quite good.....
  • Options
    Thanks Purple, but can't look at it incase mother checks search history. x
  • Options
    You can delete your search history - unless your mum goes rooting around to try and find things especially. Click history, show all history and then delete the web page you don't want coming up!
  • Options
    I know, I do on certain things.. but like, that's something I really don't want her to find :L x
  • Options
    In answer to your questions.....
    -Implants are over 99% effective in preventing pregnancy.
    -It works for up to 3 years.
    -A nurse would use a local anaesthetic so the bit of your arm would be numb before putting it in, but could be a bit sore afterwards.
  • Options
    Ohh okay :) can you see it in your arm though? x
  • Options
    You can't usually, no... This is an image that I've seen again and again and as you can see, you can only just make it out when she is pushing the skin around it...

contraceptive-implants.jpg
  • Options
    I've been taking the same hormone that is in the implant for 3 years now and i LOVE it :D
  • Options
    Oh okay :) Thanks everyone, will try and get to the clinic this week and ask about alternatives to the pill :) x
  • Options
    How protective are they though? Like, the pills 90% or something isn't it?
    And, does it hurt when it gets put it? Annnddd, how long does it last? Oh, and can you notice it?

:) x

99.9% effective and it doesnt hurt as the numb your arm for you :D
    it lasts for 3 years and it isnt noticable as it is on the underside of your arm :D
    and you have to wear a bandage on it for at least 24 hrs after gettin it :)
    it leaves a small scar but its not really noticable.

xx
  • Options
    While we're on the topic...

Ive wondered about getting the implant but nervous because it stops periods completely and for me, the period is what signals fertility (even though technically i guess the period you get on the pill isnt 'real'). Im worried incase afterwards i find im completely infertile because of it
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »

Ive wondered about getting the implant but nervous because it stops periods completely and for me, the period is what signals fertility (even though technically i guess the period you get on the pill isnt 'real'). Im worried incase afterwards i find im completely infertile because of it

i don't think i've heard of the implant makin women infertile..
    not everyone's periods stop completely, every body is different..
    i know people who have periods while having the implant, and people (like myself) who have a few, and others who don't have any at all.

but prior to me getting the implant my periods weren't regular and when i did have them they were really heavy and painful, thats why i got the implant..
  • Options
    Just been having a conversation with teh boyfriend, he doesn't like the idea of the implant :lol:
    Going to the clinic tomorrow, so reckon I'll ask about different types of pill :) thanks all x
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »

I know what you mean, this was a thought that i had also... but then again if i'm infertile, i'll find out when i start trying for a kid- so having or not having a period doesn't make a difference.