Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do good things happen to bad people?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why do bad things happen to people and good things happen to bad people?

Comments

• Options
    Life isn't that simple. Good and bad happens to everyone, it's how you react that's important.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Life isn't that simple. Good and bad happens to everyone, it's how you react that's important.

What he said. :yes:
  • Options
    I'm sure bad things happen to bad people too, just that people don't seem to pay attention until its something they disagree with.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that this question has been asked by anyone and everyone. Hence the creation of religion and social rules to attempt to justify, explain and even control the concept of good and bad decisions and an unfair life.

Of course it really comes down to your own personal perception of what/who is good and what/who is bad.
  • Options
    "Bad" is subjective. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them bad. Nor should their happiness be hampered on account of your dislike for them.

But life isn't about dichotomies like "good" and "bad". Everyone experiences things they dub either good or bad; what you do with it is what makes you who you are. In most cases, "bad" people are "bad" because "bad" things did happen to them.
  • Options
    it's coz life's a bitch, and then you die.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    it's coz life's a bitch, and then you die.

I thought it was "Life's a bitch, and then you marry one" ;)
  • Options
    To produce superheroes.

Batman without the parental murder? Bruce Wayne becomes Clive Sinclair. Spiderman without uncle Ben's murder? Peter Parker becomes George Monbiot. George Monbiot who can stick to walls. Unless Monbiot can already stick to walls.
  • Options
    ...Of course it really comes down to your own personal perception of what/who is good and what/who is bad.
    I read something similar in a sociology journal. Basically it said happy people tend to focus more on the positive and unhappy people can only see the negative. Also, unhappy people can be so focused on the negative that they miss opportunities or simply out of fear choose to avoid possible negatives. Where as, happy people are more likely to try something new and that leads to more positive possibility chances.

There are tragic things that happen to people. I assume we're keeping this rather in the norm.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    then you marry one" ;)

Not if you've got any sense.