Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

addictions!

thought i'd create a food addiction thread!

my current addiction is peanut butter!

i'm currently getting through a WHOLE jar a week to myself. been like this for a while now!!!! is that bad? a jar has over 2000 calories in! :s i go for the healthier versions and i'm not putting on any weight buttttt it is quite fatty!

i'm having two slices of toast with peanut butter on everyday for my brekkie! really keeps me going until lunch and stops me craving stuff!

what is everyone else addicted to?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Right now? Chicken Royales with cheese and bacon. This is not a good addiction to have.

Also I had a small addiction to ice cream flavoured Chewits last week.
  • Options
    Peanut butter is really very calorific, because butter is calorific and peanuts are calorific. It ends up being calorietastic.

My addiction is coffee. This is not a new addiction. I would rather go to one of the lovely independent cafes in Newcastle but they're all too far from the station, so I get a $tar£ucks.
  • Options
    Peanut butter is really very calorific, because butter is calorific and peanuts are calorific. It ends up being calorietastic.

its tastes sooooo nice though!

i don't buy the normal cheap stuff. i buy the healthier stuff (although its not that much healthier). its not actually got butter in it. its made out of 97% unblanched roasted peanuts, palm oil and a bit of salt. no added sugar or preservatives or anything.

i know it has alot of calories in but it tastes so good and at the moment, i can't stop eating it! at the moment, about 200-250 calories of my calorie intake is from peanut butter! really bad.

i do find though that its good for releasing energy and keeping me full. since having peanut butter on two slices of toast for my breakfast, i no longer find myself snacking before lunch and i don't get hungry at all so although its bad, is it really? i'm not putting on any weight because i'm no longer snacking.

it is fatty though. maybe i should give it up and find something that tastes just as yummy but doesn't contain the calories :(
  • Options
    Life is all about having a healthy balanced diet.

If you were living on peanut butter and nothing else, then it might be a problem, but it's a brilliant breakfast food with a pretty perfect nutrient balance for breakfast in it, especially with brown toast.

I am also heading down that line, for similar reasons.
  • Options
    if you want to eat it, eat it! its not such a big deal. you said it keeps you full and you're not putting on any weight so relax. a little bit of what you like does you good.

im addicted to shreddies at the moment. not really sure why.
  • Options
    i have it with wholemeal bread :)

ha, i only have it for my breakfast!
  • Options
    Toast and Maltesers, not together of course :d
  • Options
    its calorific but its a really good source of protein
  • Options
    Calories doesn't equal unhealthy. I absolutely adore hummous; it's fully of calories but it has tons of protein, so it is filling and actually pretty good for you.
  • Options
    well, unless i start to put on weight, i'm going to carry on eating it!!! haha! it fills me up and keeps me going until lunch time (which is good when you have your breakfast at 5am and have an active job!).

yum yum yum!
  • Options
    wholemeal toast with peanut butter is a pretty healthy breakfast IMO, although i wouldnt be satisfied unless it had a bit of a slathering of strawberry jam on top too
  • Options
    You think that's calorific? My current addiction is ice cream (well, swedish glace) with golden syrup on it :lol: It's nommy. x
  • Options
    swedish glace is better than normal icecream imo
  • Options

...am I the only person that knows there isn't actually any butter in peanut butter?

At the moment it's twiglets. 30 cal less per bag than normal crisps, and it's marmitey. What's not to love?
  • Options

There's no butter in peanut butter.

However, there may be evil amounts of salt, sugar and palm oil in it, depending on the brand
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    ...am I the only person that knows there isn't actually any butter in peanut butter?

oops.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »

Why is it called peanut butter then?
    At the moment it's twiglets. 30 cal less per bag than normal crisps, and it's marmitey. What's not to love?

:yuck:
  • Options
    My current addiction is soup! Cant wait to go back to uni when ill probably be having it with a crusty baguette for each and every meal!
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Why is it called peanut butter then?
    because it's a high fat spreadable foodstuff like butter, except made from peanuts (which, of course, are peas not nuts)
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    My current addiction is soup! Cant wait to go back to uni when ill probably be having it with a crusty baguette for each and every meal!

am feeling this, soup ftw!
  • Options
    I'm addicted to butter cookies, mostly because that is the only Christmas treat left in the house.

Failing that, peanut butter too. On crackers, on bread, on celery, on a knife. PB is too expensive here though :(
  • Options
    Weirdly, Muller Rice. I can't stop. It's like weird ricey crack.
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Weirdly, Muller Rice. I can't stop. It's like weird ricey crack.

I'm the same with Longley Farm hazlenut yoghurt. Plus it is from Yorkshire :thumb:
  • Options
    I have really got into cottege cheese lately, i been spreading it onto wholemeal pitta breads by the tonne, yum yum...

Im no expert here regarding peanut butter so to give credit to the source i got this from another website as i had seen it on there recently..http://www.gainingweight.info/weight-gaining-foods/

With peanut butter the calories come from fat, and the same is true for all nuts. Even though peanut butter is high in fat content, those calories are from unsaturated fat, which is the “good” fat your body needs.

In moderation, I would say it’s fine and as a plus it’s an economical way of eating protein, it tastes good too, some brands are high in sugars, so it would be best to avoid those and go with one of the natural brands.
    :d
  • Options
    me and pepsi max have a thing going on :yes:

also living on jelly beans at the moment.
  • Options
    am feeling the pepsi max too!
  • Options
    ha, i drink two cans of pepsi max a day. badddddd.

its so much tastier than diet coke though. anyone agree?
  • Options
    pepsi max ftw, coke zero is much closer in niceness than diet coke, which has a feeble taste.
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    also living on jelly beans at the moment.

You're in Birmingham so if you've £20,000 to spare, how about one of these...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/catnipmusic/2062405370/
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    You're in Birmingham so if you've £20,000 to spare, how about one of these...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/catnipmusic/2062405370/

:love::love::love:
This discussion has been closed.