Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Soupy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Getting back into soup making, to lose some weight. Got Delia's veggie collection here and made this

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuisine/european/italian/tuscan-bean-and-pasta-soup.html

today.

Very yummy, very low in fat, very easy. I used haricot beans and it came out fine.

Comments

• Options
    I love soup, it's awesome for weightloss too- so filling.
  • Options
    mmmm Italian spicy bean is one of my favs!
  • Options
    Has anyone got/know of a recipe for lentil soup. Don't want it spicy, just ordinary lentil soup (veggie) coz soime use bacon, but i can just leave that out.
  • Options
    For lentil soup I put some lentils in a pan, cook them (red split lentils I mean), then add vegetable stock (homemade if possible, if not a veggie oxo cube or similar) and canned tomatoes. Then add a genorous spoonful of sugar - this makes all the difference. Blend it up, it's nice if you leave some unblended to add some texture or blend it all if you prefer it smooth. Eat!

ETA: Whoops forgot the onion! Defo add an onion at the start!
  • Options
    Randomboy is having surgery soon and will have to have a liquid diet for a week afterwards so I will make soup for him. I've got a vegetarian soup cookbook and loads of other cookbooks with soup recipes in so will work my way through them.
  • Options
    My brother made some veggie soup the other night and I've had it for dinner the past 2 days. It was yummy. It had veg in that I wouldn't normally eat, such as celery and swede, which I can't stand the taste of. I'm hoping he'll make some again soon. It's so easy to make.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I love soup, it's awesome for weightloss too- so filling.

You havn't had an Amanda soup ;) There is no weight loss going on in those bowls!
  • Options
    Three C soup

Carrot and coriander and cumin soup. Brown some onions in veg oil with LOADS cumin and coriander in equal quantities, add carrots and Marigold swiss veg stock. Zuzz with a blender. The cumin really lifts it from normal carrot and coriander.
  • Options
    This is becoming an addiction. Made soup everyday for the last 4 days. Watercress, which was ok(ish). Made up my own lentil that didn't come out too bad and currently doing delias mushroom sans the expensive mushrooms and madeira
  • Options
    This is one of my favourite lentil soups. The balance of spices is perfect as some lentil soups tend to be over or under-spiced. The tomato paste makes all the difference. You can adjust the cayenne to taste though.

This one is the shiz. Perfect for autumn
  • Options
  • Options
    Made cauliflower soup today. Doesn't sound much, but it's one of the velvetiest, smoothest, creamiest soups i've tasted and it has no cream in it. Only added fat is 25g of butter to make 4 big bowls.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Made cauliflower soup today. Doesn't sound much, but it's one of the velvetiest, smoothest, creamiest soups i've tasted and it has no cream in it. Only added fat is 25g of butter to make 4 big bowls.

Well give us the recipe then!
  • Options
    i shall delia it forthwith, its actually cauli and roquefort, but she says u can use cheddar. i tried it with and without cheddar and tbh there's not much difference.

ETA here u go :)

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/soups/cauliflower-soup-with-roquefort.html
  • Options
    thankie, I just did the shop but next week cauliflower is on my list!