Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dumbest person ever award

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
... goes to me. :( I had to share my shame but don't dare tell somebody I actually know. They must only think I am mildly retarded, not completely.

Every morning I go out and start my car. I have two sets of keys. My spare set, which is usually left at home in case I lock myself out, I leave in the ignition and the other I use to open the car back up when it is warm and toasty. I also have a usb on one of my keychain. Today I am at work looking for that usb when I realize that I must have left it in my car. I go outside, see that both sets of keys and the drive are in my car and my door is locked.

I'm 25 miles from home, it is snowing and took about an hour 10 to get there today. The boyfriend is probably a 2 hour drive away, but it wouldn't matter if I called him because all my keys are inside my car, instead of leaving that spare set at home for situations like this.

So I call the cops to come out and help me out. They charge $50 to do so. I had no idea what else to do and thats what a few people suggested. My whole car is manual and broken and fucked up so they are having just a helluva time trying to unlock it. Part of my lock breaks off.

Then he realizes that the passenger door was unlocked the whole time.

I can't apologize enough for wasting their time, but mostly, I just want to die. I was so embaressed I wanted to cry and laugh or just do something, but my stupidity has shocked me to the point of speechlessness. I stand there in the snow and cold with my head in my hands. As my dad would always say... sometimes all I can do is shake my head. At least now he has a story to tell others to make themselves feel better.

Time to drink.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol:
    *pats you on the head*
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Aw, come on, everyone's being stupid once in a while. :)
  • Options
    It is funny though :)
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    It is funny though :)

I really do want to laugh... I just can't bring myself to yet. Like when Cartman broke his funny fuse. :p
  • Options
    Ouch. For future reference, you could have called a locksmith to get into the car - might have saved a bit of embarrassment!
  • Options
    *hug*
  • Options
    :D

Shit happens, sometimes you get to laugh about it later.
  • Options
    :lol: um, well done?
  • Options
  • Options
    i once left my headlights on at my friends house, resulting in dead battery - this was the stupidest place to do it as the one people with jump leads were up the road at my old work, the guy who i was arguing with and the guy i liked both turned up to help- so embarrassed ughhhhh!
  • Options
    Props for posting this. Chief Jay Strongpeen gives a thumbs up to anyone with the confidence to put their weaknesses out on display. Only thing the Chief suggests working on is acceptance and embracing of your flaws.

In the art of dialogue, the ultimate way of escaping an embarrassing situation is by you being the one to crack better jokes on yourself than anyone in the party can. In doing so, you don't do it as a means of punishment, but as a way of showing "Hey, it's no big deal. Lets laugh about it."
  • Options
    Although this will be really funny in a few months, right now have a *hug*
  • Options
    ah yes, you will laugh. Forgive me but that's hilarious.
  • Options
    A sufficient amount of time has passed, I laugh now.