Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

STI check

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, ok i may just be paranoid but I went for an STI check last week and the results were meant to be back today but I got a text saying
"apologies, there has been a delay at our lab & your results are not back yet. We will text you on the next working day"
do you think this means that there really has been a lab delay or do you think they found something and are double checking it before they say the result?
I've been panicking about it all weekend and to wake up to that has made me panic even more
any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Probably really is a lab delay - it is just after Christmas which may mean less staff, and they might have had more results to process because of more people coming in after the Christmas break.

Try not to worry :)
  • Options
    Christmas lab slowness.
  • Options
    I think they have been pretty clear on what the issue is. Actually that's a pretty good service you have there.
  • Options
    Thanks :) i think it's just cause when i went before i got the result when they said it would be there & as I've been so paranoid about it I guess I'm over analysing everything :/
  • Options
    If they did maybe find something and are just double checking i'd doubt they'd send you a message about it, try not to worry :)
  • Options
    I've had similar messages before and I've always been fine- I usually get checked out this time of year and it's not uncommon. Any news?
  • Options
    yeh it came back that i had chlamydia so going to go get medicine for it tomorrow... at least its not HIV though so I guess its OK :) though i know it may be too early for HIV to show up on test so I'll go for another one to double check in a month or so I'm thinking

Thanks for all your help :) x