Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help answers needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya

im not really sure where i shud put this reali
is someone ate nothing but vegtables is it dangerous?
If so how ??

Also is this what a vegaterian does? confussed xx

Comments

• Options
    it is dangerous from the point of view that an exclusive to one food group diet can lead to nutritional defficiencies - for example your body need protein, calcium etc to be healthy and u cannot always get this from veggies.

Vegetarians tend to be aware of this and will look to ensure they get nutritional balance from a variety of sources, not just eating vegetables but including beans, pulses, nuts and other sources of valuable nutrition such as dairy products, or tofu quorn etc.
  • Options
    For a meal, for a day, or for a whole year?

There's nothing inherently dangerous about it, provided you have a varied food intake that covers all the nutrient groups.

Yes, that is pretty much what a vegetarian does - eats vegetables, fruits, nuts and pulses - and often eggs and dairy products.
  • Options
    im a little stuck because im confussed when i basically ate just a soup a day or ate a lot of cereal family aspec mum moaned like crazy
    but now i stick to veg its ok.. but veg is less cals than cereal or soup very confussed!!! xx
  • Options
    Perhaps it would be better to look at the reasons why you feel you need to eat nothing but vegetables in the first place?

What advantage do you believe this has over a balanced diet?
  • Options
    With me its control :) i cudnt control being sexually absussed, being bullied, harrassed threatened and last month got sexually assulted cudnt control that so i control my food xxxxx
    xx
  • Options
    Some vegatarians believe they can eat fish, as for a vegan they do not eat any animal products, dairy products and so on. How is your diet now? Changeing it can cause you body confuseing and say it want the stuff you normally eat *hug*
  • Options
    With me its control :) i cudnt control being sexually absussed, being bullied, harrassed threatened and last month got sexually assulted cudnt control that so i control my food xxxxx
    xx

Do you make your own meals?
    Have you tried cooking your own meals? That would give you the control you want without needing to stick to just vegetables. And it can be great fun! I find the worse you are at cooking, the more fun it is :) xxx
  • Options
    thanks and yes make own food i either have veg or soup x
  • Options
    Some vegatarians believe they can eat fish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pescetarianism
  • Options
    its not ideal in terms of being balanced, but if you are only going to eat one food group, then you could do a lot worse than sticking to vegetables, especially if you vary them.
    It would probably be good if you put a little protein in your diet too. Maybe a couple of slices of ham or a bit of chicken. Thats still very low calorie
  • Options
    thanks ppl
    i useed to just eat cereal but thats fattening isnt it full of carbs??
    Is ready brek bad too ? i no its healthy but i mean carbs xx