Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mackeral and Risotto

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thought i would post this link as its such a simple dish and takes 30 mins from start to finish...

I tried it yesterday and it was delicious, very simple to cook.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4730/smoked-mackerel-risotto

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    I love risotto. Personally i don't bother with the add a bit of stock - stir - add a bit of stock - stir - ........ until it's done. Think it was Nigella who said 'Life's too short to make proper risotto.'

I just fry the onion, then the rice, bung in all the stock and leave too cook. A good brisk stirring seems to break enough of the rice when it's done to make the 'gooeyness' of risotto.

A porcinni mushroom risotto is divine, but don't have them that often as it's about £4-£5 for the mushrooms. Made a carbonarra risotto, which i didn't try (has meat in it) but everyone said how nice it was. :) Think it was the crispy bacon on the top that did it :D

Always have some salad or make a flat bread with mine. A big bowl of stuff for a main meal can be a bit boring.
  • Options
    The one i mentioned cost about £6 to £7, that was with the cheapest bottle of white wine :d
  • Options
    risotto is weird
  • Options
    Tried it once. The rice stuff was still crunchy after an hour. But then again I can't cook regular rice so I don't know why I even tried.
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    Tried it once. The rice stuff was still crunchy after an hour. But then again I can't cook regular rice so I don't know why I even tried.

Haha