Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

facebook updates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I check my email and facebook for updates and notifications every other minute and I get disappointed when the are no red notification alerts. Do you have a similar experience?

Comments

• Options
    No, I have a life

Edit: Also, after having looked at your public profile, I very much doubt that you are indeed an 'intellectual loner', considering you are an unemployed pothead who spends all of his time on Facebook. My advise: Get a life, if you can get a job, and definitely get out more. Maybe then you'll get more of those little red flags you crave so much.
  • Options
    No, I have a life :thumb:
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    No, I have a life

Edit: Also, after having looked at your public profile, I very much doubt that you are indeed an 'intellectual loner', considering you are an unemployed pothead who spends all of his time on Facebook. My advise: Get a life, if you can get a job, and definitely get out more. Maybe then you'll get more of those little red flags you crave so much.
    that is a bit abrasive
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    It's also a little bit true.

Edit: By "a little bit" I mean "very".
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »

fact or opinion, what she wrote was crass
  • Options
    catsgomeow wrote: »
    I check my email and facebook for updates and notifications every other minute and I get disappointed when the are no red notification alerts. Do you have a similar experience?

No.

Mainly because there is so much more which is important in my life.
  • Options
    fact or opinion, what she wrote was crass

She answered your question, crass or not.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »

Very very true,

By "very very" I mean without a doubt a fact of life and a certainty
  • Options
    Cats, I know you're new to this site but we do tend to be quite crass when there seems the need. We also say 'fuck', and fart and eat with our elbows on the table.
  • Options
    Cats, I know you're new to this site but we do tend to be quite crass when there seems the need. We also say 'fuck', and fart and eat with our elbows on the table.

Trust me, her farts are bad.

Sorry but your thread is rather silly, I mean everything evenstar says is true,
  • Options

O.M.G. :shocking:

You eat with your elbows on the table? I'm am so gonna block you now. :impissed:
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    O.M.G. :shocking:

You eat with your elbows on the table? I'm am so gonna block you now. :impissed:

I was young ok, young and reckless! I didn't know the repercussions it would have, it was only once. I thought of you the whole time. I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    Not typically unless I'm expecting to hear someone.

But having more status updates usually comes from having a bunch of friends on facebook. And the more friends you have on facebook the more you learn the lesson that just because any passing thought that pops into your head can be spread instantly to all your friends and family doesn't mean it should.
  • Options
    evenstar you are rather an unpleasant person.
  • Options
    Now now children.

Cats, if you're looking for someone to agree with you and tell you that its not unusual, I'm sorry but I highly doubt you'll find anyone. It isn't normal, it's not healthy and it's frankly obsessive.

Also remember that this is a public forum where people can write pretty much what they want; something from which I myself derive much pleasure and enjoyment. That also means that more often than not, people will disagree with your point of view. That's life unfortunately; the internet just provides another conduit through which to express our opinions.

Finally, whilst I don't agree with the manner of the responses above, I broadly agree with their sentiment.
  • Options
    Now now children.

Cats, if you're looking for someone to agree with you and tell you that its not unusual, I'm sorry but I highly doubt you'll find anyone. It isn't normal, it's not healthy and it's frankly obsessive.

Also remember that this is a public forum where people can write pretty much what they want; something from which I myself derive much pleasure and enjoyment. That also means that more often than not, people will disagree with your point of view. That's life unfortunately; the internet just provides another conduit through which to express our opinions.

Finally, whilst I don't agree with the manner of the responses above, I broadly agree with their sentiment.

i might be new here but i didnt realise that the posters here like to gang together against someone. i shouldve known that people here are insensitive and would bully the weak.

that young woman is clearly a jerk. true this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can be as unpleasant as the moderators would allow. but she is still a jerk. and i dont see how others can implicitly condone that attitude.

i never disputed whether the behaviour is agreeable or not. some of you seem to think that my disdain to the tone of that young woman's comment means i think her observation is inaccurate. either that or attacking straw men is another common trait of the bullies here.
  • Options
    Expressing a common opinion =/= ganging together against someone.

Yeah, Evenstar's comment may have been a LITTLE mean (totally true, though), but lord. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Or ten.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Expressing a common opinion =/= ganging together against someone.

Yeah, Evenstar's comment may have been a LITTLE mean (totally true, though), but lord. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Or ten.

:yes: I agree,

People are not ganging up on you if they disagree. Maybe that's the paranoia from all the pot you smoke?

You asked a question, you got a response, going by your profile how do you expect people to take you seriously?
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    :yes: I agree,

People are not ganging up on you if they disagree. Maybe that's the paranoia from all the pot you smoke?

You asked a question, you got a response, going by your profile how do you expect people to take you seriously?

well i am not the type of person who would not take seriously someone who is unemployed and has a drug problem. but you dont seem to be the type who would understand why. and i seriously wouldnt go bashing them because of some stereotype i have. but it also seems there are posters here wouldnt understand why.

plus a thought ocured that they might consider acting kindly to someone who might have an obsessive personality taking into account the fact a history of their posts in this forum is retrievable, thus it can allow someone with a malicious and obsessive mind to build a character profile and use that knowledge and information against them.

an action which evenstar demonstrated to a lesser degree in her first response--the tone of which she must regret by now.
  • Options
    well i am not the type of person who would not take seriously someone who is unemployed and has a drug problem. but you dont seem to be the type who would understand why. and i seriously wouldnt go bashing them because of some stereotype i have. but it also seems there are posters here wouldnt understand why.

plus a thought ocured that they might consider acting kindly to someone who might have an obsessive personality taking into account the fact a history of their posts in this forum is retrievable, thus it can allow someone with a malicious and obsessive mind to build a character profile and use that knowledge and information against them.

an action which evenstar demonstrated to a lesser degree in her first response--the tone of which she must regret by now.
    ...um....what?
  • Options
    i'm going to go and feed myself...rather than a troll :p
  • Options
    ...um....what?

Yup, same here..

And I doubt Evenstar will regret it.. why regret an opinion or the truth I agree either her. This is life, people disagree with you and what she said was tamer than a box of bunnies

Oh and if you think she was harsh, you should meet Jeremy Kyle, he'd have a lot to say to an unemployed pot head..

I'm guessing since your unemployed benefitsvpay for your drugs, figures..
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Yup, same here..

And I doubt Evenstar will regret it.. why regret an opinion or the truth I agree either her. This is life, people disagree with you and what she said was tamer than a box of bunnies

youre confused here. she regrets the tone of her message rather than the message.
  • Options
    youre confused here. she regrets the tone of her message rather than the message.

Again I doubt it.. I also doubt you can speak in her behalf..
  • Options
    I bet she does. Suppose you've asked her, eh?
  • Options
    I bet she does. Suppose you've asked her, eh?

He's so intellectual that he doesn't need to..
  • Options
    A little sensitivity wouldn't go amiss here. I'm sure many of us have had obsessions in the past whether we're weed smokers or not. Judging someone new to TheSite on their profile is a little unfair.

catsgomeow - I'd suggest adding a bit more detail if you're starting a new thread looking for advice and opinions, that way you should find that the community is a little more receptive.

I'm going to close this thread now :)
This discussion has been closed.