Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Struggling to cope

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, erm i'm new to this and it's my first post. not sure if it's for me or not but i'm struggling to cope with life atm. in the past i self harmed. recently i've felt really down and low and dont know what to do..

Comments

• Options
    hey :wave: welcome to thesite!

It's a great place to come and ask for advice and to have a rant- loads of people are in/have been in a similar boat too.

Have you got a trustworthy friend or adult you can talk to about how you are feeling? Or maybe look at this section (about mental health) from thesite?

*hug*
  • Options
    thanks for the welcome :-)
    i did used to speak to someone but that was at my old school so now i just bottle things up because i dont want to waste peoples time. i feel like im worthless and i know self harm isn't the answer but atm i dont know what else is will help :confused:
  • Options
    thanks for the welcome :-)
    i did used to speak to someone but that was at my old school so now i just bottle things up because i dont want to waste peoples time. i feel like im worthless and i know self harm isn't the answer but atm i dont know what else is will help :confused:
    Hey,

Welcome to TheSite. Do you have school mentors? What year are you in? Could you speak to your head of year, see if she can get you someone to talk to? It may help you *hug*
  • Options
    Can you break this down a bit for us. Tell us what's going on or going wrong ?

Sometimes a lot of quite solvable problems gang up on you to make one huge unmanageable one.
  • Options
    hi,i am in year twelve so currently feeling pressure with exams and it's been hard for me to settle in at sixth form if I am honest.I did self harm last night,just got too upset.I have no confidence and just feel like I am stuck in a dark place with no way out
  • Options
    Hiya

Hope you're getting the idea that you're not wasting our time ;)
    Just saw your supportive post on another thread - I wonder if you would have any suggestions for anyone else in your situation?
    Sounds like you can find more kindness for others than yourself - but from the evidence, you're not a bad person.

Do keep posting to let us know how you get on - a new college and exams are stressful - the site has some advice on stress here. It can take a while to learn new coping techniques so don't worry if you can't change your habits overnight - I know I would like to be able to get things right first time but thats never how it works out!
    Are there any groups you could join at college to meet people?

Do keep posting :wave:
  • Options
    thank you for the kind words and it might sound stupid but I would rather deal with other people and help them because it means I can neglet myself and ingnore how I feel.I've done it today by helping a close friend who has issues with her bf but now my thoughts are taking over and I'm falling back into the habits.my sixth form is extremely small which i though would be a good thing but it isn't. I'm constantly unhappy and people judge me on a daily basis.i feel numb but self harm makes me feel some kind of emotion.