Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pains x

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey !!

Prob a stupid question,
but i get very bad period pains
mainly back pains sometimes where cant walk,
plz help me any1 knnow any good creams to use or i dno things i can try
but plzzzzzz DONT say painkillers, even the word makes me wanna
throw up coz reminds me of so many over doses ive taken.

sorry for being a pain...
lol get it pain what a dope hehe!!

plz help xx

Comments

• Options
    Heat might help, but if it's affecting your walking then it's best to see a doctor.
  • Options
    Hey, you can get a thing called a tens machine. Im not sure how it works, it sends little electrical signals or something. You just put it on where the pain is and switch it on. It works really well on me when I get sore backs during my period. It vibrates and tingles a bit tho. Feels really wierd the first time you use it but it does work. Im not sure how much they are as my mum bought mine but I have a feeling the bigger ones can be expensive. You can get them from chemists and stuff usually. Il have a look, see if I can find you a link.
  • Options
    Heres the official website. But the ones on here all look a lot more complicated and scary than the one I have. Id go to a chemists/pharmacy and ask them about it, could probably be more helpfull sorry.

http://www.tensmachines.co.uk/tens-machine.html
  • Options
    As lea says, heat can help, curling up with a hot water bottle can be really soothing :yes:

How long do they usually last? Might be worth chatting to your doctor if it's really unbearable.

*hug*
  • Options
    thnx everyone :)
    heat does work but i have a cream but it dont have reek lol :D xx