Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

doggie style

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, my boyfriend wants to try doggie style but im a bit nervous.
hes sometimes a bit clumsy and needs to to put 'it' in for him when we have sex so what happens if he cant get it in. and im just so self consious of my bum, what happens if its like overly hairy or weird in someway :S
any tips??

Comments

• Options
    eat lots of chili con carne no less than 2 hours prior sexy time. It will work like magic.
  • Options
    Thanks for that Strubbles... :rolleyes:

It's perfectly natural to feel nervous about trying something new. The most important thing is that you both feel comfortable and at ease with the situation - not always easy, but let your partner know if you feel a bit nervous, talking about your worries can take those fears away, he's probably a bit nervous too.

If you're feeling a bit self-conscious then maybe you need a bit of reassurance from your boyfriend? Whatever your body shape he's likely to be more concerned that you're having a good time than anything else and he's no doubt caught a glimpse of your bum before so try not to worry about that ;)

Maybe think about getting in the right mood, some nice soft lighting or get under the covers if you're feeling a bit shy. Find a position you feel comfortable in and make sure you have plenty of foreplay beforehand. Don't be afraid to give him a helping hand if he's a bit clumsy and also let him know when it feels good too.

You might want to have a look at the section on TheSite about Having Sex: http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/havingsex - lots of tips and info on all aspects of having sex. Try not to put too much pressure on yourselves as well. Practise makes perfect after all :d
  • Options
    Don't worry about the hair. It's a natural thing and if he's bothered by it, he's a dickhead.

That said, I know that I get a bit insecure about it as well so I try (TRY! It doesn't get all of it and it's more of a way of stopping it getting ridiculous) to shave it. But like I said, doesn't get all of it, and I've never had anyone comment on what's left.

Incidentally, it's FUN. And he'll be massively turned on by having your bum staring at his face. Trust me.
  • Options
    maybe carefully shave your bum first if youre worried about it being hairy?
  • Options
    NO NO NO NO! Don't shave it! Come show time it may make you feel better, but balance that with a week of feeling like you have a cactus shoved up your arse and I'd say it's not worth it. Waxing is the way to go, if you have to. Personally I wouldn't worry. I - mean is he going to be shaving his arse hole for the occasion? I think not.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    NO NO NO NO! Don't shave it! Come show time it may make you feel better, but balance that with a week of feeling like you have a cactus shoved up your arse and I'd say it's not worth it. Waxing is the way to go, if you have to. Personally I wouldn't worry. I - mean is he going to be shaving his arse hole for the occasion? I think not.
    Nah man, it's not too bad, but then like I said, I'm not thorough enough to get all of it. The hair back there is generally quite fine anyway, though, so it shouldn't be too scratchy.

I really should find a place in 'tree that does waxing, though. I get bored of shaving every week only for it to be stubbly within like a day :(.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »

im assuming the OP is a girl, so any hair there is going to be minimal. regrowth isnt going to be itchy, certainly not cactus like.
    i thought most girls give that area a little going over when they do their bikini line anyway?