Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Breaking news: New cannabis laws

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Victory gets ever closer, tomorrow in fact

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comments

• Options
    EBB....dont get to excited mate. is tony blah going to say outside number ten tomorrow..."go on then..you can all skin up now, in fact i'd like to pass a few blunts round that me and mo just put together". somehow.......but i'll be watching.
  • Options
    It's not victory, just the first small step;)

ClassC.GIF
  • Options
    I'm jus waiting and seeing for tomorrow in parliament.:)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    At the same time cannabis is downgraded to class C, there are plans to up the max scentance from 5 years to 10 for dealing in Class C substances. :rolleyes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    At the same time cannabis is downgraded to class C, there are plans to up the max scentance from 5 years to 10 for dealing in Class C substances. :rolleyes:

They won't enforce it, its just the governemnt trying to keep all the anti-drugs folk onside ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive

So they up the maximum sentence, what matters is the minimum surely? How often do judges ever give the max?
  • Options
    It maybe max. 10 years, but it's still a reduction of 4 years compared to class. B.

It's a bit of government spin.

No matter what the max. is, the courts will still be viewing it as class. C and will therefore be dishing out lower sentances!

:D
  • Options
    Bring it on...! :D
  • Options
    well i suppose it's a move in the right direction but i'm not to impressed yet...especialy with it being a year away. that makes no sense. lets see what happens aye. in manchester the police for years have been taking half what you had on you for themselves..let you keep the other half. not on organised raids where they cant get away with it.
  • Options
    can't agree more MR:mad:
  • Options
    This is a move in the right direction but I really dont think it will make any impact on the way that situation is policed.
    I think the main reason behind this is a human rights issue, in our human rights act we are garanteed "fair and equal treatment"
    Now if I was arrested somewhere other than lambeth for the possestion of canabis I would fight the government on this issue and to me I'd have a good case.
    This I think would be a huge embaresment for the government.
    Also without cannabis cafes I dont see how the sitation is going to be better, the trades still going to be run by criminals and street dealing will continue.
    I think the big news of this bill is that more money will be going into treatment and that heroin will be more widely proscribed.
    Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    Also any talk of fully legalising weed is pointless, anyone who thinks this could even happen in theory doesnt understand our drug laws.
    We signed up to an international treaty on drugs on 1971 (I think) in which cocaine, opium, heroin and other drugs including cannabis are banned.
    International treatys ALWAYS come above national law so to fully legalise cannabis we would have to pull out of this treaty.
    Hmmm, how do you think the other countries would feel about that?
    Do you think the UK wants to appear soft of cocaine and heroin?
  • Options
    great news that heroin will be prescribed as that will seriosly affect dealers and help addicts live reasonably normal lives without any excuse to steal your video. BUT FUCKING BIG PROBLEM HERE...the way this has been handled and decided upon is fucking loonacy.
    prescribed heroin will effect dealers in a big big way..takes away a lot of thier power influence and revenue. but hey cannabis can now be carried in small amounts with no arrest looming. the cannabis market is mostly run by decent people who are willing to take a few risks. most of these people want to sell a QUALITY product. most cannabis people are nice family oriented peace loving people. they make a living growing smuggling dealing but in a much politer safer kind of environment than smack heads and gangsters....i fear all that will now change over the next couple of years as gangsters see thier revenue falling on the heroin. they will see the cannabis market as very easy to take over with the police not being realy interested.
    the way round this problem is to encourage people to start growing thier own. for themselves and each other. thankfully on my trip to stockport and manchester on saturday and birmingham on sunday i discovered a staggering amount of people now growing quality weed. and to get the point over to the world that your average dope head is actualy against heroin as much as the rest of the sensible world i suggest all of you who want dope fully legalised in the future should clearly tell heroin DEALERS to fuck off out of your faces out of your lives and out of your nieghborhoods. the cannabis campaigners should stand up and now be seen to be anti heroin and crack in a big way. heroin and crack are the big evils.
  • Options
    I think you're right as far as the rise in home-grown weed is concerned but I wouldnt say that the large gangs that import most of our hash from morroco are really the nicest people you would ever meet.
  • Options
    hello bong....there are always some nasties about in every proffesion..you ever been arrested ?...but the majority of weed coming in from north africa does come in via criminal families who are not involved in crime if you see what i mean. they got into smuggling dope cos they liked dope and thought ..hey can make a good living doing this. these families are only criminal in the sense that its ilegal. and yes some of them have to be tough as they have to cope with tough police, tough informers and thieves after there stash or money. yes there are gangs of yardies on the scene but the yardies , the triads and the english villains find heroin, speed, crack/coke to be the big money spinners. take heroin out of thier eqaution and more of them will muscle in on the weed. the way the government have handled this welcome move is a joke mate. it WILL change the face of dope dealing for the worst...hence uping the penalties...it's almost an invite for serious proffesional heroin dealers to deal in class c drugs.
    so come on ..get growing your own and voice your anti heroin dealer feelings loud and clear. they are scum and should be treated as such..believe me , i've been scum.
  • Options
    I have been arrested for a non-drug offence and they just treated me like an anoyance to be honest. My mates have been busted for puff and pills in the past, one even having a cavatiy search! Ouch!
    As for heroin dealers muscling in on the puff situation, I see what you mean and I can follow your argument but I just think that there wont be enough money in it for them.
    The proscribing of heroin wont be widespread enough for them to go out of business, what we may well see is more fights as the market shrinks a tiny bit.
    Also brown heroin, which is whats on the market in the UK, smokes better than any proscribed pure white pham stuff. This is because of its chemical make up.
    So users who smoke but really dont like needles will have a difficult choice. There are a growing number of smokers, the indian sub-continant people for example have a real stigma around needles but smokers are rising.
  • Options
    point taken bong....having been an injecting junkie i tend to forget the smokers. so yes the brown market doesnt get as effected as i have suggested. prescribed heroin will i presume come in liquid...injectable glass phials kinda stuff. chemist heroin (b.p) white powder is totaly non smokable. so theres another problem for the govrnment here.....do they produce smokable heroin on the nhs or get the smokers mainlining. white heroin does not smoke full stop. new dilema for my head to think about now.