Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

a floating condom in my toilet is ruining my relationship! please help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. My relationship is at risk because of a stupid accident which I cannot explain myself, so I decided to turn to you for help and clarification.

It's really a weird situation and I am uncomfortable to talk about it, but thats the beauty of Internet - I can stay incognito.

My boyfriend and I have a great sex life and he is the best partner I have ever had. I love him to pieces and feel like he loves me too. The only thing that's missing is trust, especially on his part. And the incident I am about to tell you doesn't make the situation any better.

He found a used condom floating in my toilet. I have no clue how it got there. All I am sure about is that I would never cheat on him. I love him way too much for that. The only thing I can think of is that our own condom kind of didn't go through and stayed floating in the toilet, but as far as I remember the last time I used the restroom nothing was there. Could it be that it just didn't go through the pipes and floated back up? Or is that possible that my neighbors had disposed of a condom and it somehow appeared in my toilet? The apartment I live in is not used by anyone but me. My boyfriend is sure that its not one of our condoms. He thinks I've cheated on him, which is absolutely ridiculous. Do you have any suggestions about what could have possibly happen? This whole issue is really threatening my relationship with the person I love. I have no idea what to do. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    Condoms can't be flushed down the toilet. They do come back up.
  • Options
    It could well be one of yours as BA has said, as they shouldn't be flushed down the toilet.
  • Options
    yeah, its possible that it floated back up from the pipes
    but as others have said you shouldn't flush them, you should recycle them, wash them out and turn them inside out :p
  • Options
    itll be your own one popped back up. It probably didnt go round the U bend properly in the first place. Hes just being paranoid.
  • Options
    Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    hi TinyFashionista!

There's some information here about dealing with jealousy in a relationship (it was originally written from the point of view of a woman who was worried her boyfriend was cheating on her, but the advice in terms of sorting out jealousy issues within a relationship might be useful to you).

As you say, a lack of trust can make things difficult, so I hope this helps if you're looking for a way to make things more stable in the long term.
  • Options
    it probably is one of yours, but you shouldn't put them down there anyway. Where do you think they go?

Put them in the bin like everyone else.
  • Options
    if its possible make a DNA test to see if that candom is yours or noo
  • Options
    rosierawrz wrote: »
    yeah = neva flush condoms, wrap them up in tissue or summin and chuck them in the bin : )
    Show these posts to ur bf to prove u haven't cheated on him x

What happens if he thinks she just started the thread to get him onside?