Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

bleeding between periods?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi i recently had an abortion in august and afterwards there was obviously bleeding for say 2 weeks then my period was getting back back to normal then all of a sudden i had some bleeding a week after my period had finished and i thought i could have been pregnant again but then my period came as normal. now a week-ish after that perido iv had bleeding again, but this time its alot heavier and quite a few very sore cramps which i never get. is this normal after or an abortion or even at all? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure, as I've never had an abortion.. but I'd say it might be worth going to your doctor? Even if it IS normal, it doesn't sound much fun! Especially if it's painful as well. I'm sure they'll be able to give you advice, and possibly some strong painkillers.. for the mean time though, you could get some feminax to ease the pain :)
    Hope it turns out okay, x
  • Options
    Go to your doctor and get it checked out - it might just be bleeding from when your eggs are relased - but it might be something else.
  • Options
    hm, yeah it wasnt painful at first but now the second time it is and its not like a little bit of blood it last for about 6 days :(
  • Options
    I'd say go see the doc or family planning, spotting between periods is not a problem mostly, but bleeding between periods is generally considered an issue.
  • Options
    i agree with others..
    it is advisable to see a doctor and to make sure there is no complication occur after the abortion..
  • Options
    remorria wrote: »
    i thought i could have been pregnant again

Have you sorted out better contraception now?
  • Options
    yeah i did have the coil but that gave me really bad spots and a rash. so just using condoms for the now while i can get more information on something else. so a should basically see a doctor then cause this definitely isn't normal?
  • Options
    Maybe you should try the pill or the patch?

And yeah, go and see a doctor. It might be fine, but you should definatly get it checked :)
  • Options
    i would get it checked out in case youve got anything retained from the pregnancy. If there is, they may need to do a d&c
  • Options
    so no ones had this or knows anyone whos had this? :/
  • Options
    Personally, no. Just book a doctors appointment! It might be nothing, but you have to check.
  • Options
    after childbirth, abortion or even the morning after pill, your periods can be erratic and most of the time its normal, but if you are having unusually heavy bleeding with clots and cramps, then get it checked out because you may have retained products of conception.
    It doesnt matter if someone here has had it or not, because everyones different, but if youre worried, a quick trip to the doctor is the best thing to do. They can then decide if they need to do a scan or not.