Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

friends to fuck buddies.. good or bad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have been friends with this guy for nearly a year now.
recently we have admitted to having some feelings for each other but neither of us are in the situation to be in a relationship, he's just out of a bad relationship and i'm having alot of personal problems which he knows al about. we have decided that for now we dnt want to be in a relationship but he says he can see me bein his girlfriend someday as do i. but for now we have decided to be fuck buddies..

i wanted to ask is this a good idea or should we remain just friends until we are ready? or be fuck buddies like agreed?

thanks for ur help
xx

Comments

• Options
    It is a risk as although it could potentially lead to something, a relationship or whatever, it could go wrong.

The problem with becoming fuck buddies, especially if either of you have feelings for the other is jealously, as your in a not committed to each other, one of you may get with someone else and then obviously it will end unhappy

I know they can work, but I personally am not a fan of them.
  • Options
    Fuck buddies definitely have their place and their uses, but personally I'd say planning to be one as an intermediate stage between friends and a relationship probably isn't a great plan. If you've got feelings, then take it slowly from friends and see how things go. Doesn't have to be a super serious relationhip, but you don't have to actively stop anything from happening.

Fuck buddies implies no serious interest from either one, and if that's what he's thinking then sounds like you could end up getting hurt.

If you want a simple shag, it needs to be with someone simple.

Don't make it someone you want a relationship with in the future.
  • Options
    i have been friends with this guy for nearly a year now.
    recently we have admitted to having some feelings for each other but neither of us are in the situation to be in a relationship, he's just out of a bad relationship and i'm having alot of personal problems which he knows al about. we have decided that for now we dnt want to be in a relationship but he says he can see me bein his girlfriend someday as do i. but for now we have decided to be fuck buddies..

i wanted to ask is this a good idea or should we remain just friends until we are ready? or be fuck buddies like agreed?

thanks for ur help
    xx

I'd recommend it. Although in all likelihood, you will get together as a result. If you're both single, good friends and fucking each other, it'll develop that way almost guaranteed. Not ncessarily rushing into it but it will happen, almost certainly. Why bother delaying the inevitable?