Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lottery jackpot / syndicate winners

Okay guys. Camelot opened its weekly UK lottery draw in Autumn 1994, then it became twice-weekly from early 1997. That's about 1500 draws, with an average of 1 jackpot winner per draw and probably 10 times as many in syndicate winners winning £100k+. Then there are other draws like Thunderball and Dream Number. That's a hellova lot of £1M/£100K winners floating around in the UK. There's got to be a few such winners in every town in the UK. Then chuck in a few more people who did well in the football pools before Camelot emerged in 1994.

We seldom hear about these winners and I'm curious if any of us on here are related to a winner or knows of a winner?

The closest I got to knowing one was the daughter of my parents' (then) cleaning lady whose boyfriend had a £100k syndicate share. That's a bit of a remote one for me with several links in the chain. I'm therefore waiting for all readers to trump me on that :-)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My dad has known 3 jackpot winners

The love rat, who dumped/dvorced his wife/gf in favour of his mew gf a week or so before him and his mate won £23 mil

The Christmas eve draw a few years ago when there were 130 jackpot winners

and someone else.

Personally, ive known of someone who £100,000 on a scratchcard.
  • Options
    I know one right smarmy bar stud businessman who won a few million about 10 years ago and smugly told reporters that it "wasn't enough" for him to retire on.
  • Options
    :D I won £10 on a scratch card... but my uncle, who bought it, insisted I had to give him a £5 because I'm not *actually* old enough to buy/use scratch cards legally :L x
  • Options
    Awww that was a bit mean of your uncle's, BA. If he said that the scratch card was a present from him to you, then he should have let you take the £10. The most I had off a card was £9 - the game was called Cloud 9 so most of the prizes ended with a 9.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Awww that was a bit mean of your uncle's, BA. If he said that the scratch card was a present from him to you, then he should have let you take the £10. The most I had off a card was £9 - the game was called Cloud 9 so most of the prizes ended with a 9.

Haha, he'd won a fiver at work on a bet... and spent it on 5 scratch cards. He gave me one, which was the only one that won anything :lol: