Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hiya ppl, need help plz :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was wondering if anybody has any ideas on how to make friends (online and in the real world!) I am quite shy at first but i am 21 years old and a loner, i need to get over it and get a social life! :) I have facebook with 30 friends lol and i have tried chat sites like wireclub but all they talk about is sex and i dont want to be mates with creeps! so, how can i boost my popularity on facebook or whatever, any1 know any other good websites etc, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    welcome to thesite, it might be better to start a thread in "relationships" about this, it'll get more attention there x
  • Options
    Go to places where people are, preferably places with people who might have a similar mindset or interests as you do, start conversation with them, be interesting.

That's basically how you make friends.
  • Options
    I was wondering if anybody has any ideas on how to make friends (online and in the real world!) I am quite shy at first but i am 21 years old and a loner, i need to get over it and get a social life! :) I have facebook with 30 friends lol and i have tried chat sites like wireclub but all they talk about is sex and i dont want to be mates with creeps! so, how can i boost my popularity on facebook or whatever, any1 know any other good websites etc, thanks!

Hi,

Welcome to thesite, making friends is always quite daunting, especially when shy. I am/was the same, online communities work, but the ones focused on "chat" and "friends" are mostly frequented by people looking for sex, as you've experienced, have you tried finding online communities focused on your interests, eg for me i am members of computing, anime, airsoft and sci-fi communities and havemet a lot of nice people from them.

In person it can be harder, however again social groups/clubs focused on your interests can help. If your at uni 5he student union would have clubs based around hobbies.

There are some fantastic articles on the main thesite page, but I'm on a phone so can grab them on here for you, sorry.
  • Options
    hello sunshine yellow, well there are a lot of young people who are like you. However, making friends in real life is harder then online. In real life, it is scary because some people misjudge you by merely your looks and physical appearance. But actually, it doesn't matter, as long as you are confident about yourself, everything will be in the right place. For starters, you can be confident by changing your outlook in life and change your attitude. In physical aspect, it doesn't matter if you are beautiful or not, it just on how you carry yourself, by dressing up where you are comfortable with is better than trying to dress up that is not right for you and your personality.
  • Options
    Hiya AND WELCOME!!
    I am alot older than u 34 :d !!
    My advise?
    Well when i was your age i also did struggle with friends (i'm not a loner) but what i have learnt is, people who judge u by your looks or whatever they are not worth being friends with anyway just b yourself and if your quiet so what u will meet like minded people in the world, if u dress wacky then dress wacky just be YOU!!.
    It has took me along time to accept me for me i hate for young people to be feeling like the way i used to, so thats my advise.
    Btw i would take online friendships with a pince of salt there not real friends or real people u know and u have to be careful x
  • Options
    I struggle too sometimes, if an oppertunity to talk to a new person arises i don't know what to say to make a conversation interesting. :P
  • Options
    what????

you don't what is an interesting topic or topics to talk about??? Weirdo!!!!:hyper:
  • Options
    moonlift wrote: »
    I struggle too sometimes, if an oppertunity to talk to a new person arises i don't know what to say to make a conversation interesting. :P

I cannot believe you...your weird!!!:shocking:
  • Options
    honesty25 wrote: »
    I cannot believe you...your weird!!!:shocking:

:| lol thanks :(
  • Options
    :| lol thanks :(

troll me thinks, dont worry about them x
  • Options
    troll me thinks, dont worry about them x

lol is it? :P
  • Options
    lol is it? :P

I know, shocking.
    You NEVER would of realised they are a troll, with out the troll detector (urr, that's me btw..) :razz:
  • Options
    hahahahah the grammar and the spellings are not match hahhahahaha:no:
  • Options
    hello
  • Options

I am new in this site.I want to be your friend and shear my feelings with you.