Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Laptop hinge

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think my laptop hinge is slowly going, the screen wobbles and I'm worried that eventually it just won't stay up.

What is my best bet? Taking it to some sort of PC repair place? Will it cost loads? :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Unless you feel confident in repairing it yourself then pc repair shop is the best bet. Shouldn't cost too much as they're not really expensive parts and only takes an hour or so to fix.
  • Options
    If you know the model, eBay the hinge for a fiver and get a techie relative to do the honours :-) I recently had to change the keyboard on my Dell Inspiron 5150. A tenner from eBay incl. p&p. A trip to the shop would have set you back £50.
  • Options
    In my opinion, take it to the Pc repair place.
  • Options
    eBay, buy the hinge replace it yourself. It really isn't hard. Just don't rush it.
  • Options
    If you do take it to a repair shop get some quotes first, and avoid PC World. They'll rip you off.
  • Options
    Try asking around friends/family/work if you are strapped for cash, so many of the guys in work are awesome at fixing stuff, especially computers, so might be worth asking around if it saves you some money :)