Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Odd

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It seems that Pro American threads are quickly locked..

Does anyone have an explanation?

Ps I didnt look through old threads to see if people posting in here were pro or against terrorism. I just had a few posters post what I interpreted to be, pro terrorist propoganda for me to look at. It went unchallenged.;)

Tacky, yes. Shocking, yes. Im shocked at some of the tacky behaviour by some of you as well.

Comments

• Options
    Youve only been here a few days...If youd been around longer you would know that all the threads involving the USA get hijacked by a select few people and then the thread deteriorates into a 'my country is better than yours' argument.

The god bless America thread was closed because of Savage coming in and trolling a relatively reasonable thread. Your thread was closed because it had no relevance to this forum whatsoever and the accompanying comments were just stupid...Nobody here loves terrorists.
  • Options
    Ok, so they just lock it?

That makes no sense. In other discussions that contains the pizzing match to the one thread.
  • Options
    Well the pissing match goes on in every thread at the moment, regardless of the subject. Unfortunately the mods have to let it go on because locking every thread doesnt make for a good forum. The mods here seem reluctant to ban people as well.

Oh and by the way, its not just the Americans that cause the trouble. There are a couple of Brits here who are just as bad, if not worse.
  • Options
    Well some of the down dirtiest pizzing contests force people to turn on the old noggin. Ive seen some pretty eloquent posts come out of them.

A quiet calm forum is so boring most people lose interest very quickly.
  • Options
    It wasnt so bad the first few dozen threads but it gets old after a few hundred threads filled with the exact same arguments. The same old cliches are wheeled out along with the same old stereotypes..day in day out. The posters involved never seem to tire of it which is the strange thing.

Its killing this forum, thats for sure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    The mods here seem reluctant to ban people as well.

Gee... I have been banned THREE TIMES myself. :rolleyes:

Guess I have been dismissed as just a jarhead, rather than seen as a person... :p
  • Options
    Ok Ill be more careful next time. Have to sneak in the pro American statements here and there.:p

To counter the anti American sentiment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Thanatos...AGAIN

Gee... I have been banned THREE TIMES myself. :rolleyes:

Guess I have been dismissed as just a jarhead, rather than seen as a person... :p

Gee I wouldnt ban you. You seem to be one of the more interesting people posting in this discussion.

Maybe the just figgured you were superhuman. I heard Jar Heads are.;) Super human that is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog

The god bless America thread was closed because of Savage coming in and trolling a relatively reasonable thread. Your thread was closed because it had no relevance to this forum whatsoever and the accompanying comments were just stupid...Nobody here loves terrorists.

Balddog,

I agree with both of those threads being locked for the reasons you've given (although I'm not sure that you can say nobody... do we have everyone's view?), but why was the "An article about America" thread locked?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

but why was the "An article about America" thread locked?

At the end of the day this is a British message board, with the vast majority of users being British. Topics about America and topics with American users singing the praises of the USA aren't really relevant are they.
    It's the same as us going to guns.net or wherever it is you bitch about us in private and spouting off a list of why Britain is the best country on Earth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Balddog,

I agree with both of those threads being locked for the reasons you've given (although I'm not sure that you can say nobody... do we have everyone's view?), but why was the "An article about America" thread locked?

Even the most disgusting, left wing types in here dont love terrorists. They may seek to try and justify the terrorist actions of certain groups but I wouldnt say that they loved terrorism, they are just mentally disturbed.

Im not 100% sure because im not a mod, but I would guess that your thread was locked because you simply posted an article without expressing any kind of opinion or giving any commentary. What was there for us to discuss about that article? We have a pseudo communist member here named Steelgate who periodically comes in here and posts endless articles with no relevance to anything and without making any points whatsoever. His posts are also locked.
  • Options
    WhoWhere,

You can't make any valid comments on other cultures or other nations if you haven't bothered to learn anything about them.

Balddog,

OK. That is a fair enough comment. I'll keep it in mind in the future.