Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what did he want :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im feeling a bit let down by a friend who shown me a side that wasnt what i knew. We havent seen each other for a year and the last time i spoke to him was may.

Well basically i was friends with this guy in work for over a year i liked him but he was a flirt but also engaged i knew nothing could happen so accepted just being friends i thought he was just a great new person in my life.

After a year he started acting differently towards me started texting me loads, would phone me randomly - things he wouldn’t normally do. He was saying stuff like how i wasnt just any girl, that i didnt need any beauty sleep and how it would be more fun if we weren’t friends. He was constantly asking me to go over his flat or for a drink which never happened either way.

I enjoyed the attention but he also said stuff that i wasnt sure of like making a joke about if we did go for a drink id be going home with him, how he wouldn’t be able to behave and even joked about going on a dirty weekend :S

Was more attentive to me we even met up for a coffee and a meal after work which ended in us cuddling on train home. I thought we were going somewhere.

He started going cold the phonecalls stopped and he wasnt as interested as he was then i found out he met some girl he dumped his fiancé a week later and the girl he met dumped her partner.

I was really hurt and upset yet he denied trying anything on with me and since then our friendship has fallen apart. I have tried to stay friends with him but its all one sided and we even end up arguing now and again.

Its been a year and a half and even now i miss him and he has totally cut me out of his life which is great considering he said we were 'close' mates. Hes still with this other girl and i just feel like i missed the boat and upset with how things are between us.

Comments

• Options
    Hey ludvig. Still after this one guy? Well, maybe that's why you don't get laid.
  • Options
    has he stopped seeing his friends too? and even his mother/some sort of family member has said hes changed, and that he doesnt go out anymore?
  • Options
    You can't expect a stable relationship with someone who by the sounds of it is cheating on a few different girls.