Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bandage/Support slipping.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

So I've got a bit of a bum knee and my knee support has gone walk abouts.. I dunno where it is, so per advice I am using a normal bandage with a support bandage on top.

Anyway as it's on my knee I am having a problem with it slipping, I am not using tape as the bandages aren't designed to be stuck with tape. the support bandage sticks to itself,

Does anyone have any advice to stop the bandage slipping down? It's getting to the stage where I have to re apply it two or three times a day.

Comments

• Options
    What's wrong with your knee?
  • Options
    An old injury, flares up now and again.
  • Options
    If you're bandaging your knee then you need to make sure you're going at least a palms width above and below the knee itself - not going far enough up or down your leg leads to slippage.

Do you overlap the layers by 2/3rds on each wrap around your leg? Or at least half.

Is the end slipping and loosening the whole bandage? I think I know the kind of stick to itself bandage you are talking about, after a few uses, especially on active joints like knees the stick starts to struggle and you need to pin or tape the very end to stop it loosening.

When you say bandage under the support bandage what do you mean?
  • Options
    Hey, yeah I go at least a palm up n down. But I think my overlapping may be the problem. Tbh its a bit messy. Lol.

The end of the bandage itself isn't slipping and is fine..

Basically I got told, by my mother in law who is a nurse to place a normal white bandage around first. Then the support bandage over this.
  • Options
    someone told me that if you wrap bandages in a fugure of eight rather than round and round it stops slippage.
  • Options
    I read that as Bondage/Support slipping :eek:
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    I read that as Bondage/Support slipping :eek:

Bad girl... bad girl..