Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am I over reacting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was good friends with some people last year, (though I think it was more through convenience than much else) and this year we've drifted a lot. Yeah, I miss them, but I've got other friends who I share more interests with etc.

However, I thought we were fairly amicable still, even if we weren't actually friends. But they've cut my face out of a lot of photos of the three of us last year.

I've managed not to say anything to them, because I know if I did, I'd end up crying and I don't want them to think they're better than me.

Would you be so upset if people cut you out of photos, like you'd never even been friends at all? I'm actually really hurt, even though we're not particularly good friends any more.

Comments

• Options
    What a silly question. It is fucking offensive to cut the face out of person on a photo. So immature. I'd be completely done with them. This is inexcusable.
  • Options
    ^^^^

this.

thats so low, what kind of a person does that? I have plenty of friends that im no longer in touch with but i keep photos of us because they were my friends at the time and that is my memory.

u should ask them what their problem is!
  • Options
    That is spiteful, immature and down right fucking nasty. Grace, you're best rid of a bunch of cunts like that.
  • Options
    youre not overreacting
  • Options
    have they cropped your face out on facebook, or actually got scissors and cut you out? either way they sound awful, and you're better off without them. id be tempted to just say look have i done something i dont know about.
  • Options
    have they cropped your face out on facebook, or actually got scissors and cut you out? either way they sound awful, and you're better off without them. id be tempted to just say look have i done something i dont know about.

What's the difference? It is one thing to crop a picture on the edges so one person is not on the picture anymore (like when you are on it with a friend, but you want that picture showing just you, for your profile picture), but if there is still the friend with a white circle instead of a head on it, this is the worst form of passive aggressiveness I ever heard of.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, however regardless of if they cropped you out or cut you out, it's damn right nasty.
  • Options
    It's paper photos, as opposed to fb ones, although they've cut me off the side, rather than just leaving a blank hole.

They did to another girl I'm friends with as well, but I think she's kind of used to being left out and used by them, which sounds pretty dreadful, but I think it's true.

I don't even know if they've done it out of spite, or just because they don't really notice that other people have feelings. I don't think I should bring it up because we're still living together so there's no point making things difficult.

Thank you for your replies, I think I probably am better off without them.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    It's paper photos, as opposed to fb ones, although they've cut me off the side, rather than just leaving a blank hole.

They did to another girl I'm friends with as well, but I think she's kind of used to being left out and used by them, which sounds pretty dreadful, but I think it's true.

I don't even know if they've done it out of spite, or just because they don't really notice that other people have feelings. I don't think I should bring it up because we're still living together so there's no point making things difficult.

Thank you for your replies, I think I probably am better off without them.

I am disgusted that people, so called friends and especially housemates think it is okay to treat you like this? I am sad that there are people like this in this world,

However, I am glad you've realised your better off without them.
  • Options
    They sound VILE.