Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am I being dumb?!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

I just have a quick situation to run by you for ideas. I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months now and for the first few months it was great, we both fell so quickly for each other. Then he had a long stint of late shifts at work which meant we never saw much of each other for weeks. Since that time he's continued to back of a little more all the time.

We had a discussion about it the other day and he explained it as something he has always done in relationships and that he was once told by his GP that his backing off was due to the fact his parents relationship meant they weren't together a lot.

He did say that he doesn't want to stop seeing me and that fancying me isn't the problem so I decided that because I feel so much for him that I am willing to try work through this.

He is also going through some tough financial times where he doesn't have any disposable income. This I think is going to be a major barrier in whether it works or not, because he hates to stay in the house (I'm not a fan of that either tbh), he's not a host at all and is in a bit of a huff with himself he's in this situation financially.

I just wanted some advice on what to do really. If we are going to try make it work, what fun stuff can we do together that'll make staying in not so bad

Comments

• Options
    No, I guess you have understandable reasons for being concerned, but as you have been talking about it already all I can think is pull through and see if it gets better, or if you can live with the fact that he is a bit shut in. About things to do without much money, well I am sure you can work some suggestions out together.
  • Options
    dvd night, board game night, invite friends over or go to friends house, cook dinners for each other...
  • Options
    Do you have some friends in common ?
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I think I'm going to try and stick it out ee how it goes. At the end of the day, if I didn't I'd always wonder.

No we don't have friends in common. He's 7 years older than me so its getting used to the age gap also.

I've met a few of his friends and we all get on great.