Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Views on sex education in the UK?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

Laura used to volunteer for us - she now works for Education for Choice - a charity that supports peoples rights to be able to make an informed choice on abortion. They are looking for people to work with them, giving advice on their website and their opinions on sex education in the UK today. I know this is something some people feel strongly about so I thought I would post this info from her in case anyone was interested;

"As part of Takeover Day on 12th November we’re looking for a couple of young people to come into our office and give us their views on sex education, and our own resources and projects. We’re looking for those aged 16-25 living in London and it’s a great one-off opportunity for anyone interested in sexual health issues (hopefully this applies to a few of your peer advisors!) There’s more information here. We’re also looking to set up our own youth advisory board soon so hopefully this will be a way to kick start that off."