Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why can't I move my legs, when waking up?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Due to various problems, I tend to difficulties in regards to falling asleep. Most of the time, I manage to sleep for a short while each night. But, these past two nights, I have woke with no feeling in my legs, and no ability to move my legs. It has worn off after a couple of minutes, but it is extremely terrifying to wake up to that. I'm unsure as to what it is, does anyone know? I don't want to visit the doctor about it without a valid reason.

Comments

• Options
    I think not being able to move your legs is a valid enough reason to visit the doctors
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I think not being able to move your legs is a valid enough reason to visit the doctors

I'm horrid in social situations, when in an appointment with a doctor, I tend to stutter/not be able to speak. I'm curious as to whether this could be a problem to which I could solve alone, or whether it needs a professional for a solution.
  • Options
    I think it's pretty normal isn't it, to wake up with 'dead' limbs that take a minute or two to warm-up?
  • Options
    If it is sleep paralysis then it's pretty normal, but as the OP specifically mentioned their legs, that suggests the arms were OK - which doesn't fit the pattern
  • Options
    Could be a trapped nerve or something.. I gather there is no pain?
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    If it is sleep paralysis then it's pretty normal, but as the OP specifically mentioned their legs, that suggests the arms were OK - which doesn't fit the pattern

ah, sleep paralysis, that's what I was thinking of.
  • Options
    I sometimes have a similar problem with my feet when I wake up, my legs are ok but my feet are not. It was put down to that sleep paralysis thing by the doctors.

It is always worth getting it checked out.
  • Options
    I'm horrid in social situations, when in an appointment with a doctor, I tend to stutter/not be able to speak. I'm curious as to whether this could be a problem to which I could solve alone, or whether it needs a professional for a solution.

Why not write out on a piece of paper what you want to say before you go in, then either give it to the doctor or read off it
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Why not write out on a piece of paper what you want to say before you go in, then either give it to the doctor or read off it

yep that ^^ or take a friend?

it does sound like something that is worth getting checked out though.