Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

CAMHS and food.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so basically, i was meant to reffered to CAMHS for self harm, depression and making my self throw up. my doctor missed out the making myself throw up bit and when i went to CAMHS they didnt mention it so neither did i. but i think i need help with it. cus its not getting better.

i was wonderin if anyone had any experience with CAMHS and eating disorder treatment cus ive only heard bad things.

also, they were meant to get back to me, i was on a waiting list, and they havnt. so i dno what to do about that. anyone had experience of being on their waiting lists? should i be worried i havnt heard back?

Comments

• Options
    You haven't been clear enough. Have you had your first appointment? Or, are you still waiting for the first appointment? If you have had your first appointment, what treatment have they put you on the waiting list for?
  • Options
    You haven't been clear enough. Have you had your first appointment? Or, are you still waiting for the first appointment? If you have had your first appointment, what treatment have they put you on the waiting list for?

Oh sorry! umm it was a review?!
  • Options
    Hey Lemon,

This is going to be one of those frustrating it all depends on the CAMHS team answers sorry! If this was your first meeting/ assessment they will probably take it to an allocation meeting, to see who will work with you if they feel their service is appropriate.

Could you call the CAMHS team and ask for an update? Also if you feel that food is something you need to talk about you can definately raise this with your CAMHS worker if you feel comfortable.

Let us know how you get on,

dp :heart: