Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spooky experiences

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know it's a bit late as halloween has gone, but I thought it might be interesting to start a thread about spooky encounters people have experienced. I do believe in 'ghosts/spirits' however I do think alot can be explained rationally. Some things however, can't always be.

A few I've had recently, I've heard two voices having a conversation on our landing/stairs in the middle of the night, which went on for about 10 minutes. I actually thought it was my housemate on the phone (strange in the middle of the night) but when I asked her she'd been asleep all night. And it wasn't neighbours as their house is on the other side of my room.
I've heard footsteps coming from upstairs when no one is in.
And just the other morning, my housemate was in the living room at about 6am, heard someone come downstairs, go along the corridoor and into the loo, then back out again. However both me and our other housemate were in bed til 9.30!

I have loads more but these are the most recent (within the last month). Go!

Comments

• Options
    A guy came round last week and put the willies up me
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Although I do believe "supernatural" events do happen, I'm also a firm believer in "they usually don't". So I'd first look at any other explanation, even unlikely or absurd ones.

Such as: A "tunnel of sound" bringing to your room the voices of people who might physically be in a room far from yours, somebody lying, burglars on the floor above, you or someone else sleepwalking (or maybe getting up and falling asleep again then forgetting about it -it happens!).
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »

I just knew someone would post that :d
  • Options
    Spooooookaaaayyyyyyyy
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    I just knew someone would post that :d

and you knew it would be me. Transparent ? Moi ? :)
  • Options

Ha! :d

I woke up with ectoplasm everywhere this morning.
  • Options

Something wierd happened to 4 of my mates and their dog. Their van broke down outside this town that was being haunted by a ghost, which they actually saw. They tried to catch it but didn't manage it, but it turns out it wasn't a ghost, it was the guy that owned the old abandoned funfair.
  • Options

Something wierd happened to 4 of my mates and their dog. Their van broke down outside this town that was being haunted by a ghost, which they actually saw. They tried to catch it but didn't manage it, but it turns out it wasn't a ghost, it was the guy that owned the old abandoned funfair.

And he'd have got away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids!!!:crazyeyes
  • Options

POTW!
  • Options

southpaaaark!

haha @ rubberskin. oh you do make me larf :lol:
  • Options

Every scoobie doo episode could have been over in 5 minutes if anyone ever actually brought a gun.