Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

constipation

anyone got any good tips to get things ummm, moving?

i haven't been in NINE days. i desperately need to go. i look PREGNANT because well, errr, i have nine days worth of food still sitting in my stomach :| it is really uncomfortable.

not a nice topic i know, sorry.

trying to avoid the whole laxative thing because of past abuse with them. the reason i'm in this situation now is because of them...

i eat lots of fibre, drink lots of water and do lots of exercise. this is a problem i've had for years now. the doctors can't do anything for me. the medication they always give me make things worse!

is there any stomach massages i can do or any particular things i can eat/drink to help move things along? i've tried prune juice, etc! nothing works! :banghead:

its really frustrating. when my stomach is empty/running how it should, i have the flattest stomach ever. i have no fat on my stomach at all (thats one place i can say i have no fat!!!) but because of my problems, i always look bloody fat and preggers :(

i actually dread how much worse this problem is going to get as i age...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you ever tried a colonic? That would get rid of everything and might help to get things working a little bit more regularly. There about £30-£50 depending where you go, a little expensive but might help and will really get rid of the bloating feeling :)

You sound like you're doing everything right, fibre, lot's of water etc
  • Options
    i have but because i have a lazy digestive system, i am worried that by having one i will actually be making the problem worse.

have you ever had one?

i'd love to have one (as i love the feeling of being completely empty!) but the thought of having things shoved up there scares me!

just wish my digestive system worked normally :grump:
  • Options
    Catch gastroenteritis, I've just spent 2 days glued to the loo :(
    I can only think of using laxatives this one time, you're probably doing more damage by having it all blocked up in there. And maybe see about doing the colonic, I don't think I could ever get one personally as the thought of having something shoved up there scares me too, but it might be a good idea just to flush your system out in a healthy way?
  • Options
    I've never had one but I'm tempted to just to see what happens (ha, gross I know!). You could always phone up the salon and ask if it would be suitable for you :)

Failing that just drink a shit load of prune juice ;)
  • Options
    What i do is ( it may be daft but works) i suffer with awful constiption, turn my pc on make myself a super strong black coffee maybe 3 tea spoons, relax on my own browsing the web and dada it works because i am relaxed i don't hardley ever go when the house is full (hubbi and 2 kids).
    Goodluck x
  • Options
    flowergirl wrote: »
    What i do is ( it may be daft but works) i suffer with awful constiption, turn my pc on make myself a super strong black coffee maybe 3 tea spoons, relax on my own browsing the web and dada it works because i am relaxed i don't hardley ever go when the house is full (hubbi and 2 kids).
    Goodluck x

The black sludge of doom, I agree with this, however I pretty much make the mug half coffee granules and half water, like a slurry paste :P
  • Options
    Black coffee works for me too. Maybe try it just a bit strong and then up the strength if it doesn't work. Don't go crazy strong if you are not used to that much caffeine :eek:

Hope it works!
  • Options
    Drink 1 litre of Copella apple juice in under 15 minutes. I guarantee it'll work.
  • Options
    a fag and a can of monster
  • Options
    Have you managed to "work" this issue out?
  • Options
    Drink 1 litre of Copella apple juice in under 15 minutes. I guarantee it'll work.

this.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Have you managed to "work" this issue out?

yes by drinking lots of alcohol!
  • Options
    You can buy stuff that you mix with water. And eat lots of fibre!
  • Options
    Bending down a lot is supposed to help. Like dropping a load of matches on the floor, and bending down to pick them up one by one.
  • Options
    Rub your stomach in a clockwise motion from right to left starting just right of your belly button and ending left of it. Don't go complete the circle, your aiming for a half moon shape, not completing the circle under the belly button. Repeat, only doing it clockwise, not anti clockwise!
  • Options
    orange juice with pulp in it, dried apricots and strong coffee