Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help with idea's for a Father Tattoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:chin: Hi, really cant find any tattoo's good enough about my Dad so wondering if anyone has any father - daughter quotes or idea's I could considor =) Thankyou x

Comments

• Options
    Personally i wouldnt want my Daughter getting a tattoe about me on her (do you know what your dad would think about it)?

:)
  • Options
    I have the Chinese symbol for father on my arm, although that's more related to the other part of the tattoo about my kids...
  • Options
    it all depends on what type of tattoo you want, just text, image and a bit of text or just an image?

I'm assuming that you've put you want a quote that theres defintly text :p,
    As a tattoo is permant we can only give you advice but the final decision is down to you

Also talk it through with a tattoo artist to get a costing and size that you want
  • Options
    Hi, yeah I already have a tattoo I was thinking of getting 'My Dad, My Heart, My Sole, My Life' in writing down my waist. Not too bothered on the price, no picture just text thanks for your advice =) x
  • Options
    that sounds sweet :) im thinking about getting my dad's initials in his handwriting somewhere inconspicuous and really small.

but if you get that tattoo remember it's soul and not sole.

wouldnt want a slip up
  • Options
    that sounds sweet :) im thinking about getting my dad's initials in his handwriting somewhere inconspicuous and really small.

but if you get that tattoo remember it's soul and not sole.

wouldnt want a slip up

haha "my father, my sole I can tread upon."
  • Options
    ideas

I think symbols are nicer. Something that represents a lot of things, such as love, wisdom, protection.

It could be a chinese letter or something similar, with a few lines but very elegant.
    :hyper: :hyper:
  • Options
    symbols are alright to a certain extent as you know the meaning behind it but seen as the OP has already said no picture I'm pretty sure this also means a no for symbols. I also have noticed that chinese letters are becoming increasingly common so thats another downside against them imo though done in the right way they can look good, no offence to anyone that has one just really consider it before you get one and make sure the translation is right

OP let us know how it goes
  • Options
    Yeah I agree symbols look very nice I just cant be sure they will give me the right meaning and I would like it to be obvious its about my Dad. I will be getting one around Christmas I will keep you updated thankyou everyone x
  • Options
    A butterfly on your lower back with his name in it could be so cute :heart:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Nice thread - moving it to style & appearance though, as that's where threads about tattoos usually sit. :)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    Nice thread - moving it to style & appearance though, as that's where threads about tattoos usually sit. :)

Oh ok sorry new to this thanks :)
  • Options
    Sarah4, can I ask, is it a memorial tattoo? I have a scroll on my leg with a quill, (he liked writing) as though ink is still dripping from it, it says, "in loving memory... Dad. 1943-1995"
    I really like it, it was something I thought was fairly original, rather than R.I.P etc..
    I also have a memorial one of a tank for my Grandad as he made tanks after the Korean war and was in them during the war.. It has his army number on the front in the same font as the army would have a serial number on a real tank..
    My point is that you might want to do something specific to your Dad, something personal..
    Let us all know what you end up getting..
  • Options
    Is you dad dead? Otherwise I would suggest waiting a bit. Without wanting to sound condescending, it appears to me, you are in an age where you would get such a tattoo because your dad gave you a pocket money raise, but next time he won't let you go out with this slutty dress, he is the most vile and repulsive of creatures to you.

Maybe you should wait with this, especially because you wanted "my dad, my sole" tattooed on you, until you find a good idea that's really fitting for your father in particular, not some generic stuff and until you have a really lasting bond with your father, that is not just because he treats you like a little spoilt princess.
  • Options
    TJT6768 wrote: »
    Sarah4, can I ask, is it a memorial tattoo? I have a scroll on my leg with a quill, (he liked writing) as though ink is still dripping from it, it says, "in loving memory... Dad. 1943-1995"
    I really like it, it was something I thought was fairly original, rather than R.I.P etc..
    I also have a memorial one of a tank for my Grandad as he made tanks after the Korean war and was in them during the war.. It has his army number on the front in the same font as the army would have a serial number on a real tank..
    My point is that you might want to do something specific to your Dad, something personal..
    Let us all know what you end up getting..

Oh I really like your idea that is unique, no he has not passed away but I do only have contact with him and no-one else. Yeah I agree with what your saying, I'll think more into it I will deffinately let you know and upload a photo as I realised how to do it now I posted on the other thread ha :)
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Is you dad dead? Otherwise I would suggest waiting a bit. Without wanting to sound condescending, it appears to me, you are in an age where you would get such a tattoo because your dad gave you a pocket money raise, but next time he won't let you go out with this slutty dress, he is the most vile and repulsive of creatures to you.

Maybe you should wait with this, especially because you wanted "my dad, my sole" tattooed on you, until you find a good idea that's really fitting for your father in particular, not some generic stuff and until you have a really lasting bond with your father, that is not just because he treats you like a little spoilt princess.

To be honest I'm 21 and from what everyone says, too mature for my age and I've never lived off the 'bank of daddy' very independant. Maybe you should save your childish, bitter posts for other people because I dont appreciate your comment at all. Grow up.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sarah4 wrote: »
    Maybe you should save your childish, bitter posts for other people because I dont appreciate your comment at all. Grow up.

:yes: I agree the comments made were incredibly condescending - making all kinds of unfair judgements. StrubbleS - please think before you post.
  • Options
    Sarah4 wrote: »
    Oh I really like your idea that is unique, no he has not passed away but I do only have contact with him and no-one else. Yeah I agree with what your saying, I'll think more into it I will deffinately let you know and upload a photo as I realised how to do it now I posted on the other thread ha :)

Nice one, you're better than me then, I have no idea how to put a picture on, well not from my pc anyway.. Eeeh, too old for all this technology, lol:hyper:
  • Options
    TJT6768 wrote: »
    Nice one, you're better than me then, I have no idea how to put a picture on, well not from my pc anyway.. Eeeh, too old for all this technology, lol:hyper:

you see at the top of the response box?? Where B I U are, look along till you see one that looks like a mountain in a box, click, put image location (from a webpage) in and TAAADDAAAA

much like this, not one about my dad or anything just my tat I designed :D
    63547_1607547909544_1261573867_31710219_22578_n.jpg
  • Options
    Cheers for the lesson Rkid, I gather you can't just upload one from the pc though..??
  • Options
    not my knowledge, I think it has to be through the internet
  • Options
    If you add it as an attatchment ( the wee paper clip in the same spot as CB pointed out) you can add a file from your pc
  • Options
    I don't see a paper clip..? There's a postcard type thing next to what looks like a globe with a wibbly wobbly bit on it, lol.. Like my technical terms? Is that it??
  • Options
    youve got to use full reply rather than quick, however its not actually a paper clip (soz guiz!) its this rather beautiful creature

2v2jwhl.jpg
  • Options
    youve got to use full reply rather than quick, however its not actually a paper clip (soz guiz!) its this rather beautiful creature

2v2jwhl.jpg[IMG][/img]

Which actually is a paper clip as far as I am concerned.

@Sarah: I apologize for my rough post. In hindsight it was unfair. Still: Try to find or design a special tattoo that has any connection to him, his demeanor, greatest passion, or something like that. After all it's for someone you cherish. You should put thought in it.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Which actually is a paper clip as far as I am concerned.

I dunno, it just doesn't look like a paper clip to me :/
  • Options
    It must be me being thisck, I can only see the option to 'quote' or 'quick reply' at the end of the last person's message... Probably doing it totally arse about tit knowing me, lol.. I do appreciate you taking the time though so cheers...
  • Options
    click quick reply, then where the button is to "Post Quick Reply" next to it ---> that way is a button that says go advance, click it ;)
  • Options
    I assume no pictue is attached on here? I went through the whole process, browsed the pc, found a pic that wasn't to big, uploaded it, all this was in a small seperate window, then I dint know what to o next other than close that window...???
  • Options
    oooh, check me out, I did it... haha