Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bloating after food

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I tend to often feel bloated and heavy after some meals. I've noticed that bread really has this affect on me and it makes me feel sluggish and a bit uncomfortable...

Could I have a mild wheat intolerance? Does anybody else get this? Or am I thinking too much?

I tend to usually eat a really healthy diet, it's just some days I feel so ick :yuck:

Sorry if this is TMI, but I do get the runs a lot too... I honestly don't see see any reason for a stomach upset other than a food intolerance. I don't drink, have much caffeine or eat much junk.

Any alternatives for bread?

Comments

• Options
    Ibs?
  • Options
    Hi Namaste:wave: ,

It is usual to feel bloated and heavy after a meal, especially if it is a meal high in carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, potatoes or rice, like you say bread can affect you and this is quite common in a lot of people.

It may be worth booking an appointment with your G.P to discuss any food intolerances and if needed he/she could put you in touch with or refer you to a dietician to discuss things further.

As for alternatives to bread you could try crispbreads-ryvita-, crackerbreads or maybe something like a chapati or tortilla wrap which are much lighter.

I hope this has helped, keep posting and let us know how you are doing!

Take Care
    B:wave:
  • Options
    Sounds like IBS to me, similar to how i get. As for bread i find i can't eat white bread for this reason but wholemeal doesn't so much.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    I tend to often feel bloated and heavy after some meals. I've noticed that bread really has this affect on me and it makes me feel sluggish and a bit uncomfortable...

Could I have a mild wheat intolerance? Does anybody else get this? Or am I thinking too much?

I tend to usually eat a really healthy diet, it's just some days I feel so ick :yuck:

Sorry if this is TMI, but I do get the runs a lot too... I honestly don't see see any reason for a stomach upset other than a food intolerance. I don't drink, have much caffeine or eat much junk.

Any alternatives for bread?

I have the EXACT same issue . Except I have no idea what food is doing it to my stomach . Sometimes I shy away from eating at all because I get so bloated and full feeling no matte what amount of food I eat ...
    I take an over the counter drug called ZANTAC .. Which does help ..
    Definafely talk to your doctor though . I know I'm going to be making anappoimtment soon !!