Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Broken Heart :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend of 7months broke up with me on friday morning for no reason other than he is stressed and wants to be single. Im still in shock and feel so sick all the time. It was really unexpected because we was fine, hadnt been arguing or anything. We lived together and now ive got to move back to my parents house which is shit. Im so crushed and gutted and still trying to understand why he broke up with me? I moved an hour away from home and left all my mates behind so now i dont have any. I havnt worked for a year due to depression but all the time i was with him not once did i feel depressed untill now. Im scared im gunna do something stupid :(

Comments

• Options
    :( I'm sorry to hear your going through this horrible feeling also.

Do you want him back? If so and you did get him back would you think he would do it again.. I've been through it and the constant thought it could happen again isn't nice.

Don't beg for him back though it will put him off.

Hopefully it will be a case of you never realise what you've got until its gone. I'm here if you need to talk
  • Options
    Hi mis89tls,

This is obviously very hard for you. Perhaps you could try and speak to him asking calmly why he ended it and perhaps you could work it out by taking a break yet still talking and figuring things out? However he might not want to tell you the real reason and unfortunately at this point it might mean accepting it's over. In time the hurt can only hurt less, and you will get over this.

You might feel like your life is over now, but remember you had a life before him, and eventhough you left it you can still get it back.
    There is a couple of things you can do from today:
    - Make an appointment to see your GP and talk about your depression and what option are out there for you.
    - Perhaps you can call an old friend and talk to them about what happened? It could be time to see those friends again that you feel you have lost.
    Your parents might also be quite supportive about how upset you are and it might not be such a bad idea to be near them during this time.

Try not to feel like you are alone in this and try speak to someone about how you are feeling.
    Please do not hesitate to keep posting.

Good luck x
  • Options
    maybe you could ask to meet up and talk and ask him for the truth? Cos it seems to me how do u get into a relationship then change your mind 7months down the track. It seems odd to me. I guess my line of thinking is that, if you have a talk and clear the air it will give you some closure. And im sure if you get in touch with your old mates they will be happy to have you around once again! you will get through this i promise. and dont do anything stupid as he is not even worth it, he couldnt even give u a proper reason!
    im here 4u xoxo
  • Options
    I know the feeling I was recently dumped by my girlfriend after 1 and a half years and don't have many friends ... :(
    But I would suggest you try to leave it a week which I know is hard and get back in touch with your old friends and talk to them to try cheer you up for a few hours. Don't be shy they are probably missing not having you around. Then after a week ask him why? calmly. If he wants to take you back then seriously consider whether he's worth it. If not for whatever reason try to forget about him which is really hard but possible.

Anyway didn't mean for this to be such a long reply and sorry for the lack of smileys :) *hug*