Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

shaving rash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
feel a bit embarassed but i think iv got a shaving rash under my arm, weirdly its just under one and not the other. its not itchy but its red and it basically just looks like horrible spots! does anybody know how i can get rid of it cos iv had it quite a few weeks now, iv tried smothering it with sudocrem, and moisturiser, but its not doing anything! any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Don't tell anyone I told you this (*taps side of nose*) but next time you shave, rub a small amount of virgin olive oil over the bit you're about to blade. Seriously. Then apply shaving foam or whatever you use and enjoy a rash-free shave :)
  • Options
    You've got spots because bacteria has got into the tiny cuts you make when you shave, so use anti-bacterial soap/hanwash instead of foam next time. What i do.
  • Options
    okay, please please please do not shave your legs without water or moisterizer!
    there is your answer. if you dont use water or moisteriser the shaver cuts off tiny pieces of skin, wich is what your rash will be. so monkey, you need to remember the right way to shave kaithnxbi?
  • Options
    monkey?! haha. who shaves without water, that would be the most painful thing ever! i always use shaving foam or shower gel. the rash is still there so thanks for everyones suggestions but any others i could try :p its not getting any worse, just the spots are stubborn, grrrr.
  • Options
    feel a bit embarassed but i think iv got a shaving rash under my arm, weirdly its just under one and not the other. its not itchy but its red and it basically just looks like horrible spots! does anybody know how i can get rid of it cos iv had it quite a few weeks now, iv tried smothering it with sudocrem, and moisturiser, but its not doing anything! any advice?

Exfoliate before and after shaving :) Get some of those glove things, they are good. I used to get little spots under my arms and on my legs as well, but I don't get them as much any more x