Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friendship problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last xmas i broke friends with a best friend she was calling my mobile whilst i was out with different friends witholding her number, it came to a head when we were celebrating xmas and she called me when she went toilet i caught her out she would never admit it and she did'nt want to save our friendship because all she did was shout and text abuse at me,so just told her to leave me alone blah blah blah i had to quit facebook because of her and lost a few friends as well, anyway the problem i now have is a friend who helped me throu all this is now playing games like the other girl used to do and i am like why are u doing this after all what happened b4!! If i don't text her straight away she thinks i am being funny with her so she b funny with me and its like a viscious circle and to me life is to short to b playing games also she keeping stuff from me, like if she going out with her other friends she does not tell me til the next day or whats she is doing ect, but she expects me to tell her everything i am doing anyway any help on how to handle this would be great x

Comments

• Options
    Stop being her friend, and if you ever use facebook again, just block her.
  • Options
    Thanks, i keep going throu the same pattern with people, great friends the game playing starts i get pissed off then boom another friend bites the dust my mum says i am 2 nice lol if i that nice why do people treat me like shit all the time???? x
  • Options
    Hi Flowergirl,

It seems quite upsetting when a friend that has seen you go through something like this, behaves the exact same way after. It is obviously very hard for you as you clearly opened up to her. Have a look at our articles when mates go bad and friend or foe and perhaps have a chat with her about how you are feeling and explain that how she is acting is hurting you.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Hiya Christele,
    Thats how i stumbled on this site looking for advise, i keep feeling hurt then brush myself off but when it keeps happening it makes me feel like i am not likeable, i am open, honest, i am always there for my friends i never let anyone down i always remember special dates of anniversarys and birthdays and stuff i am a good listener ect and i try not to burden people with my own troubles and i have had many including losing my brother 7 years ago and other stuff i don't like talking about, my friend who playing games did'nt even text me on my brothers 7th anniversary, but when i did bump in2 her she said oh its 7 years is'nt it and i am like u remember so why not text?.
    Anyway whats worrying me is when i do now hook up with her or new people i find i am on my guard and not being so open with people.
    Thanks for listening to me ramble its good to get it off my chest, i have only got my hubbi to discuss this with and i don't want to keep chewing his ear off cus he worries about me and how its affecting me. x
  • Options
    I think you put too much importance on the value of text messages.

If someone was going to send a kind heartful message about the 7 year anniversary of the death of a family member, Id get annoyed if they did it by text, which (only in my own personal view) is quite an inappropriate way of doing it.

I dont mean to sound harsh here, but you have to remember that something like the death of your family member will be very relevant to you, but not so much to others as it is to yourself.

Something which is appreciated by many is someone who is honest an open, but keeping your mouth shut at times isnt the same as lying. Theres a difference between saying something which isnt true, and not saying anything, sometimes might it be worth not saying something if it doesnt add value.
  • Options
    I can see your point many thanks x