Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

HPV vaccine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have my HPV jab soon and I'm really nervous. Apparently the needle really hurts? I have quite a developing phobia of needles, and whenever I need something like this I always get really worked up and make myself ill. But will it really hurt as much as they say it will??
Rae x:nervous:

Comments

• Options
    I had it done and it was the least painful set of injections I've ever had (and I've had a few).... and many of my friends thought the same.

Who is "they"? I haven't heard anyone say that it really hurts.

For me I have to look at the needle going in. Everyone always says "don't look" but for me, looking really helps and now I don't mind injections at all. Because to be honest injections aren't *that* painful so I can cope with the slight pain, its more the suspense of waiting to be stabbed that made me worried :p
  • Options
    I had mine done last year, and as Purple said, they were the leat painful jabs I've ever had.
    All you feel is a little prick that lasts for like half a second, then thats it.

Some people said they were painful, but then it just depends on yourself really. You'll be fine, and it'll be worth it! :)