Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how long...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so today me and a mate were talking today about how long we both feel that you should wait before you ask someone out after they've broken up with their previous partner, She said that you should wait for around 4 weeks or so giving them enough time to get over them. I personally felt that this was a bit exact and said it really mattered on whether they were over their ex and if theres something between you

I was just curious on other peoples opinons

Comments

• Options
    I think the average you should wait is around 4-5 weeks. I also think it may vary alot; it matters about how there relationship was and yes has s/he has got over it yet or still has feeling? then it may extend to 5-6 weeks. :)

*hug*
  • Options
    Yea depending on how long theyd been together and how bad the break up was.

Hmmm about a month, maybe month and a hal
  • Options
    i think it depends how serious they were with there ex and how long they have been together. e.g. if they were together 6 years? 4 weeks might not be enough time to get over their ex
  • Options
    I was with my ex-boyfriend for 5 years. It took me about 18 months to get over him and start dating again and even then it took a few more months to be fully over him.
  • Options
    2.4 weeks :p