Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Half used bottle of lube

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I personally would keep it, in fact I have done so and it's not caused any complaints at all with peeps. More of the 'ooh, what does that one do' kind of reaction :P.

But I can see why some people could feel a bit dodgy or insecure about it. So your call really - you don't have to get it out with a new guy afterall if you think he's the funny sort!
  • Options
    no she actually put the lube on her ice cream, lmao, then her kids wanted mums special sauce! I was like u didnt give it to them did u lol

:eek2:
  • Options
    Dan Savage's Advice

Noted sex columnist, Dan Savage, answered a question similar to this a few weeks ago.

"My girlfriend of six months found it "awkward" when I used lubricant from a half-full bottle. A half-full bottle "hinted at past relationships." To me, this was no more awkward than our using condoms from a half-full box—which did not bother her. But she sees condoms as individually wrapped, single-use items, unlike a bottle of lubricant. Was I in the wrong for failing to purchase a new bottle of lube?

Lubrication Etiquette, S'il Vous Plaît

I'm tempted to break into your apartment, LESVP, spike your lube with Frank's RedHot sauce and open a live feed of the oil pouring into the Gulf of Mexico on both your laptops, because you two need something real to worry about. But as I don't know where you live: Personal lubricants are expensive. If the girlfriend believes a fresh bottle should be cracked open each and every time she gets with a new partner, then she should carry a case in the trunk of her car. And as a general note: Lube also comes in small, single-ass-serving packets—just like ketchup and mustard and condoms—and anyone worried about half-empty bottles of pubic-hair-befrazzled lube is free to invest in a box."

Found at: http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=4239252
  • Options
    put it on ur ice cream! I had a girl in work that actually bought the lube off me for this purpose lol! I would keep it, thats what I am planning to do with my stuff lol!

Lube on ice cream is really nice. And on pancakes. It certainly made our last pancake party much more entertaining lol.
  • Options
    Of course, the 'cherry' flavour would be a handy mixer for vodka ....
  • Options
    oh my god, i can't believe you guys have eaten lube >.< i bet it just slid down your throat....
  • Options
    Fuuubar wrote: »
    oh my god, i can't believe you guys have eaten lube >.< i bet it just slid down your throat....

I think that is the whole point of it being flavoured.........:chin:
  • Options
    I was thinking more about this thread and thought I'd add that I have given a half used tube of lube to a friend before now.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I was thinking more about this thread and thought I'd add that I have given a half used tube of lube to a friend before now.

The more I hear, the less I understand about women and lube etiquette.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    The more I hear, the less I understand about women and lube etiquette.

Trust me it is a very slippery slope.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »

Booooooo!!! :no:
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Booooooo!!! :no:

Surely that is the whole/hole aim of lube?
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »

:lol:

I wouldnt know anything about it :blush: