Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help with tattoo placement please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello crew

Am planning my first tattoo, which is something similar to this: http://www.talismancoins.com/catalog/Mosquito_Fighter_Bomber.jpg

Question is, where to put it? I'd like it to be relatively easy to cover up - also classy locations only, please!

It's in memory of someone and a metaphor for an aspect of my world-view, so it's important to me that it's somewhere that I can see it, i.e not on my back, although I would consider it on the back of my shoulder, I think.

Any ideas or input would be great - I want to get this right - so any views, whether i agree with them or not, are helpful!

Comments

• Options
    I think it would look great on a shoulder blade.
  • Options
    depends on the size and detail of it
    if its just like a basic outline with a tiny bit of detail then wrist or somewhere similar, or maybe even back calf

If its larger then I agree with Lea, shoulder blade would look awesome or hip
  • Options
    and when i say hip, i don't mean hip as in cool, i mean hip as in on your body
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »

yeah shoulder-blade. as it's flying it makes sense to have it somewhere relatively high up on your body rather than your ankle
  • Options
    yeah shoulder-blade. as it's flying it makes sense to have it somewhere relatively high up on your body rather than your ankle

but what if its taking off??? :p
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    but what if its taking off??? :p

how naff! :razz:
  • Options
    :) If i was having this i would have it on my side flying up at a nice angle u would be able to see it and it would be covered with clothes unless u were wearing a bikini x
  • Options
    My first (and so far only) tattoo is of a dragonfly that I did in memory of someone I loved. I wanted to put it somewhere that I could hide with clothing so I ended up putting it on my shoulder. One of the reasons why I put it there was because I thought it was a place on my body that was least likely to sag when I get older. LOL. I didn't want a droopy butterfly. I am very happy with where my tattoo is but sometimes I wish I had gotten it somewhere else. The problem is that I forget it is there. I'll get out of the shower and catch it in the mirror and freak out that there is a bug on me! I feel that basically any place has it's pros and cons. You could always have a friend draw it on you with a permanent marker. Even if you don't know somebody who could do an expert drawing job, it would still give you an idea of what it would be like to have the tattoo there.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »

:no:

i wouldn't have it on your shoulder unless you don't mind it being seen. you'll never be able to wear strapless tops/dresses without it being seen or strappy tops/dresses.

think of it this way...are you planning on getting married one day? if so, are you planning on wearing a strapless dress? would you want a tattoo on show on the day of your wedding? thats what i always think of when i see girls with tattoos on their shoulders!

i'd have it in a place where you won't regret having it like your stomach or hip.