Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Poorly

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
I normally work on Wednesdays but I got to work today to get a phone call from my nursery telling me that babba has horrible diarrhoea. So, I managed to get cover for my class and zoomed over to get her.

I do hate it when she's ill. Especially as there isn't that much I can do to help her apart from lots of lovely cuddles. Not that I complain about getting or giving cuddles.

Booooooooo :(

Sorry, this is a whiney thread rather than asking for help or owt.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aw, just remember to keep her hydrated if she has runs.
  • Options
    As katralla says hydration is key here. Some GPs will also recommend that you try to reduce food for 24 hours so that the bug has nothing to feed from. You don't say how old your little cherub is, so be careful with that advice - obviously no good if still bottle feeding because that's where they get some of their hydration.

Obviously keep her cool helps, especially if she's very cuddly.

As for the general point, my kids being ill still stresses me and the oldest is nearly 17. You never lose that I'm afraid - the only real bonus is they start to be able to fend for themselves. The down side is that they want less cuddles as they get older :(
  • Options
    :(

hope it doesnt last too long x
  • Options
    She's 13 months and has stopped eating. She won't even eat toast or yoghurt (and she loves yoghurt!). We've been giving her an extra bottle and she has lots of water. I gave her a new cup yesterday so there is the novelty of a new cup and she drank lots of water! I can be sneaky too. It's still guesswork though, because she can't communicate fully with what is bothering her. We think that the bug is down to her teeth - she's always got some sort of virus when her teeth have been bothering her. She's been rather unlucky with teething and stuff. I'll be glad when all the damn things come through.

She's such a good girl because today she's just been getting on with things - a bit more clingy but we've had a jammy and tv day and she's been giggling and stuff too.

She's going to be at home with daddy tomorrow, which will be nice for her (and him!) but I'll still be worrying lots during the day. Argh. I hate it.
  • Options
    Ah teething. :(
  • Options
    teething often causes the runs. At least thats what i was told when i worked for the nursery.
  • Options
    Yeah, it does. Niamh gets them when her teeth are *really* bothering her. At home again today but so far no poo incidents. Hopefully we're over the worst bit and she can go back to nursery tomorrow. I need the break!

But no new teeth have come through so we're back to the waiting game. Argh.
  • Options