Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hospital - help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

cut a lot story short,
ok im desprate for help and i mean desprate,
id even consider a hospital been in loads but duno if u can just admite urself u cant can u?
so i was wondering is there private hospital in northamptonshire and wud they b expensive?
im desprate for help duno who to turn to as care worker isnt very helpful
hope u can help xx

Comments

• Options
    I would avoid NHS hospitals unless you reallly are at the end of your teather - you can refer yourself by going to A&E - they will probably put you in touch with your local mental health team.

Private hospitals exists - but they are expensive around £900 per night so only really worth considering if you have private health insurance - if you do you will need a referral from your GP. The average stay is 4 - 6 weeks and in my very limited experience they are a billion times better than the care you get on the NHS.

Try the priory group
  • Options
    Hi depressedgal,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling desperate and in need of help. It's a shame that you feel that your not getting what you need from your care worker? Is there anyone else that you can turn to? Another worker, family member or friend?

You could contact NHS Direct (0845 46 47) to ask the for an answer to your question about self-admission? You can certainly take yourself to A&E if you feel a danger to yourself.

Would it help to talk on here about how you are feeling? Get some of your thoughts down?

Take care :)
  • Options
    wow ok that is out the question then cant afford that blimey lol
    why stay away from nhs been 2 one loads was sooooooo helpful xx
  • Options
    What makes you want to be in hospital so much? Have you spoken to your care worker about this- does she agree?
  • Options
    i have no care worker now im quitting shes didnt even read my letter bout how depressed i am how i will kill myself and how i need help she sent it bk UNOPENED :crying: :crying:
    sooooo upset breaking point:crying:
  • Options
    i have no care worker now im quitting shes didnt even read my letter bout how depressed i am how i will kill myself and how i need help she sent it bk UNOPENED :crying: :crying:
    sooooo upset breaking point:crying:

have u tried having another careworker see if that helps*hug*
  • Options
    i dont thnk there is anymore @ my mental health service... i cant see things getting better :crying:
  • Options
    Hospitals.

Hi guys,
    I seem some of you are wonting to know about hospitals. You can not admit your self this has to be done my a mental health worker and two GP's or you have to be sectioned by the police under the mental health act. You have to be very seriousley ill and have really serious saftey issuess. I know this because i have depression myself and other problems and CAMHS told my mam that they can amdit me to hospital because of servere depression and axinety and aditory hullucations ( hearing voices). If you feel that low i suggest you go to A&E and they can get somone to come in and talk to you about how you feel and to do an assment and they can tell if you need to be admited to hospital or not. Are you on any meducation or having any other help ?
  • Options
    no not on meds they dont trust me as tried to kill myself last week,
    i know u have to be ill ive been addmitted 4 -5 times but at moment think im ok thanks guys seeing care worker tomoz 1st time in ages xxxx scared xx
  • Options
    Hello

Hello its good that you are seeing your care worker tomorrow, dont be scared shes there to help and support you remmember to tell her everything about how you have been feeling and whats going on, the more you tell her the more she can help you. Oh right i undertand why your not aloud meducation, If they do give you meducation maybe somome could keep it for you and give you the dosage you need a day this way you wont be able to put your self at risk.
    Good luck for tomorrow though!!
    xx
  • Options
    i give up now i reali do had ago at me saying before i tried to kill myself i said if i die its ur fault theres no way in a millon yrs id do that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhh sooooo angry fed up give up with her and b4 any1 asks there is no other care workers left :crying:
  • Options
    depressed girl a bit of advice

listen depressed girl its sarah it sound like u are really struggling maybe ur workers should think bout u bein admitted to a unit for a little while as it might help u and if ur struggling to this point u need the support.;) :yeees:
  • Options
    hey sarah, care worker doesnt want me back in hospital she said it will not do me any good, my care worker said im not depressed i dont get how she can say im not depressed when i cut my wrists try to kill myself etc mental x