Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

It's not for me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Medications and talking therapies... useless.

I have 'medically unexplained' symptoms.

I'm not seeing my GP again, or the Psychiatrist or the mental health nurse. It's all bollocks. It's all been a waste of time.

Anyway, gonna stop seeing them and come off these meds.

wish me luck?
:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    hey nutter.

i understand what it's like to feel like you are getting nowhere with your treatment, i really do. i don't think what you are doing is for the best, but it sounds like you have made your mind up. so i would just say, please keep in touch regularly with your GP and try to come off your medication gradually. if you come of it suddenly you'll be really unwell and if you are going it alone then you don't need that. you know yourself better than anyone else does - try to notice the telltale signs of things worsening and reach out for help if that happens.

as i said, i don't think your actions are in your best interests, but i understand them. and i don't think you made the post to be talked out of it (correct me if i'm wrong), i think you made it because you wanted some support.

keep us updated and please take care of yourself.
    *hug*
  • Options
    I have discharged myself from the psychiatrist and mental health nurse.
    I am not going to take my meds.
  • Options
    Hi nutter

I really hear that you are frustrated not to be getting anywhere but please take care - quite often people experience withdrawal and side effects from coming off their medication suddenly, even if they didn't report any benefits from being on them.

Have you got any other support in place to help you in this transition?

Please let us know how you are, doing it all on your own sounds hard.
  • Options
    As a man of science I am not very fond of alternative doctors and non-school medicine, but they are supposed to have helped people where school medicine failed.

Why not try it out? Surely your money isn't that important in comparison to your mental health. I suppose you really WANT to get better and believe in the therapy too, which would make such a treatment not really valid to me.
  • Options
    I woke up at 5:30am ish and went on a 3 hour scooter ride around town and surrounding villages. It was freezing. Then i decided to sit outside the hospital wondering whether to go in and ask to speak to someone at the crisis team, i decided to call them first as the place looked closed. I called them and they only speak over the phone unless there is a referral like i had last time, which seems ridiculous to me. Then i made an appointment with my GP just to see what people have said, not for a few weeks though.
    Probably given myself a cold doing that now.... :(
    i feel quite restless though. I'm not sure what to do. I have to go to uni this morning... like i can focus...
    I have cuts all over my arms.
    And there is someone fucking drilling outside!!!
  • Options
    Hi nutter,

Hope you're doing OK this evening. Seems like things have been frustrating for you. The fact that you wanted some support from the Crisis Team, speaks that perhaps you would like some support? Crisis Teams are usually attached to the Mental Health Services and they work closey together. As you've discovered, you have to have an open case with the Crisis Team for them to talk to and work with you, which can be frustrating when you are in crisis. You normally get a referral to them from the hospital or other mental health worker.

If you feel in crisis you could perhaps present at A&E, or you could also call your mental health nurse and see if they can see you as soon as possible? It's great that you have made an appointment with your GP, but again, frustrating that you have to wait so long. What are you hoping the GP will say / do?

Just a little fact - being cold cannot actually give you a cold - you only get a cold by picking up the virus/bacteria from somewhere - so your trip out today won't have made you poorly - unless you came into contact with some germs. That might reassure you?

Take care :)
  • Options
    I could have got an appointment sooner but wanted to wait and see what the professionals have written to my doctor. I don't know what my GP will do. He might be disappointed about my decision. I will tell him of the thoughts though, the bombardment of images, urges and thoughts.
    I keep feeling pretty desperate.
    I keep thinking, I was seeing the top dog of mental health care, a consultant psychiatrist... have I thrown it all away? He seemed OK with me going back. I don't know if I will though.
  • Options
    I would give it another go with the psychiatrist if I were you. Surely, the worst thing that can happen is that it doesn't help at all, and perhaps he can at least help you a little?
  • Options
    Got the crisis team coming round later, i'm a bit scared...
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »

*hug*
  • Options

Good luck, I hope they are of help to you.
  • Options
    Well it was ok, but fucking hell, they threatened me saying they would have the police over if i didn't call them everyday from now till monday. *scared*
  • Options
    Well it was ok, but fucking hell, they threatened me saying they would have the police over if i didn't call them everyday from now till monday. *scared*

*hug*
  • Options
    Ok, well, call them everyday. You don't want the negative consequence of the police on your ass and, you DO want the positive consequence of being in touvh regularly with mental health proffessionals.

Call everyday, at the right time, tell the truth- this is how they think they can best help you and... I really hope they can help.

x
  • Options
    So stressed out by it all I have now got Labyrinthitis. I am not happy. I was going to run away today. Can't do that now can I? I have never had dizziness this bad, it is running through my body, it is extremely uncomfortable.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sorry to hear Nutter, wasn't sure what it was so just looked it up and sounds pretty unpleasant. *hug*

Glad to hear you've got the crisis team involved during this hard time and we're hear to listen ongoing... :)
  • Options
    So stressed out by it all I have now got Labyrinthitis. I am not happy. I was going to run away today. Can't do that now can I? I have never had dizziness this bad, it is running through my body, it is extremely uncomfortable.

sorry to hear that too. i just googled labyrinthitis because i didnt know what it was, it sounds scary. i hope you take care of yourself, seems like you need tlc. keep in touch with the crisis team, hopefully their intervention will alleviate some of the horrible feelings and thoughts you have been getting. i know from experience it's good to have a routine, even if it is just talking to a person each day about how you're feeling.
  • Options
    i left a message in a crying rage to the psychiatrist asking him to kill me. if only that would actually happen. dead dead dead
  • Options
    nutter, please be careful. x