Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Skinny guy needing some fashion advice.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So yeah...I'm a skinny guy and find it really hard to find decent outfits to wear on a night out / dating.

I have a few shirts and pairs of jeans that I like to wear (pics below) but I would like some advice from the ladies (or perhaps even the guys - if you can help) about whether or not my current style suits me or not, or if perhaps I should try something different as these type of shirts are all I have, just in different colours.

Anyway, here's a pic of me wearing what I typically would on a night out:

(I'm the one on the far left) http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/292/photo0238b.jpg
(I'm the one in the middle) http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1408/reflexc.jpg

Also, clean shaven or bit of stubble?

(Clean) http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2457/photo0154v.jpg
(Stubble) http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8287/cupid1.jpg

And here's what I wore for a recent wedding reception which I DJ'ed at.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2047/dscf1177.jpg

I'm not phishing for compliments, I know I'm not particularly attractive, but I would just like to know what my fashion sense is like, if any, and if I could get any tips.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    I really like your out fits yer no there not much you really need to change I think you look finee :)
  • Options
    I like what you're wearing in the 1st 2 pics, but I'm sure you don't want to wear check shirts everyday. I prefer those shirts with their sleeves rolled up to the elbows.
    Is there anyone's style that you like?
    I think you're attractive.
  • Options
    I hate the wedding outfit. The shirt is massive on you, and makes you look malnourished, not skinny. With a better fitting shirt, the jacket might work, but it is too big for you too. I'm guessing you're using the long sleeves to make your arms look shorter?

Other than that, I have no idea about clothes.

Nice teeth.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I hate the wedding outfit. The shirt is massive on you, and makes you look malnourished, not skinny. With a better fitting shirt, the jacket might work, but it is too big for you too.

I agree.
  • Options
    you look nice with and without stubble. your clothes are fine too. just try on things you like and go from there. individual taste innit?
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback so far. I did feel the wedding outfit looked a little big on me, but it was purchased last minute. The checked shirts are really all I have, but I roll the sleeves up just past my elbows to make my upper arms look bigger. I suppose all I can do really is just try things on and see how I feel about them, and obviously try to make sure I don't buy clothes that look too big on me.
  • Options
    Definitely make sure your clothes aren't too big, they'll only make you look smaller in a bad way.
  • Options
    fashion tips!

I'm not phishing for compliments, I know I'm not particularly attractive, but I would just like to know what my fashion sense is like, if any, and if I could get any tips.

Thanks in advance :)

hello!
    I think you need to look at fashion pictures and try to see what it´s nicer for you.
    Also, think about the parts of your body that you like most or don´t like at all. For instance, if you like your arms, you can use clothes that attracts attention to that specific part, such as light coloured fabrics.
    I found a few pictures on the web that pretty much represent a simple fashion way, with a combination of colors and fabrics in balance.

patrick-dempsey.jpg

patrick-dempsey-is-hot.jpg

patrick-dempsey-william-rast-fashion-show-for-the-new-clothing-line-street-sexy-5Cwfxt.jpg

new-versace-ad-x-patrick-dempsey-2363285-610-768.jpg
  • Options
    You're certainly not unattractive ... cute with a nice smile. :)

As Poppins27 suggested, take a look at people online with the same build etc and get ideas from them. Many similar outfits can be achieved from High Street stores without breaking the bank.
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree with Teagan. I think you are being harsh on yourself saying you aren't attractive :)

I really don't like check shirts - my boyfriend has a couple, one of which is particularly bad and it really annoys me when he wears it. That said, it's more who's wearing it that counts. He was wearing a check shirt the night I first got together with him and we still got together even though I don't like check shirts.
  • Options
    I don´t like check shirts too...!!!!
  • Options
    because your slim i would go for the preppy look, i do like the check shirts but u only need 1!! go for skinny jeans, loafers, if u wear a pattern shirt u can layers with a plain jumper showing cuffs and coller if u wear plain shirt tshirt go for pattern cardi or jumper, i like both clean and stubble look but i think u could go grow your hair well the fringe so its sweeps across your for head. Hope this helps some x
  • Options
    You could always go down the route of Simon from the Inbetweeners :)

Simon+Inbetweeners.jpg
  • Options
    I think you are cute and your fashion seems fine...I like guys and plaid shirts :D