Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

thought I knew how I felt!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As some of you may know my 5 year relationship ended the other day, it was not a mutual decision and it came completely out of the blue.

Anyways since then he has been texting me and talking on facebook and even asked if I was going to an event where he was, but it was said like 'you not coming down then?' Because of this I had kinda got my hopes up that something would happen and we would get back together.

However stupidly today I logged onto his facebook coz one girl kept liking his statuses and it was this one name that i kept hearing whilst he was working away, anyways there was a conversation going on between him and his friend saying that although he never cheated on me there is another girl in the pipeline that he hopes things will move along quicker now that I am out of the picture and he is the happiest he has been in 8 months! (Before people preach that I shouldn't have done this I know!)

When we parted he was like I still have feelings for you, i'm just not happy, it was such a shock I didn't really get across what I wanted to say. I kinda want to meet up with him to chat and find out exactly what he wasn't happy about etc and just have my say on things, I don't think I wanna get back with him but I just want some answers, what do people think about this?

Thanks

AFA

Comments

• Options
    Difficult one, I would probably wait a bit before you have a heart to heart with him, wait until it's not all so raw.
  • Options
    I agree that waiting a while before talking to him about your feelings is probably a good idea. I've made the mistake of being drawn into a heart to heart with an ex who was on the verge of seeing someone else. Just heard a lot of stuff about the new girl I wish I hadn't and it did make the breakup much more painful. Keeping some distance initially is probably sensible and that's not to say you'll never be friends in the future, but perhaps try to keep the thoughts of you and him getting back together at bay by not seeing too much of him. Not easy to do at all especially when he's admitted he still has some feelings. Maybe try writing down what it is you want to tell him, that way it's off your chest a little and it may help get your thoughts together too.
  • Options
    I agree with the writing things down, it's always easier to say exactly what you want then, rather than feeling you missed things in the heat of the moment that will bug you afterwards. His conversation with his mate - this may not be honestly how he feels, might be a bit of bravado, it might be best to ask him yourself about this girl. If you want to know that is, personally I think that knowing less is less pain, although resisting facebook etc is a lot easier said than done :(
  • Options
    thanks for the replies guys, I have decided not to talk to him about it and just leave it at the moment, I think by seeing that conversation it has helped me realise that we are not gonna get back together.

For now I am just gonna remain friends with him and what will be will be, if he does get with this girl then we will cross that bridge when we come to it! I am resiting facebook alot at the moment! lol
  • Options
    Sometimes...it is just better to not hear the answers....my opinion.