Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice Please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'd like advice on a situation if thats Ok please.

I've been in a serious relationship for two years now, and we've been happy. We've had a good time. Over the last six months or so, I've fallen out of love with my boyfriend. He is the most genuine, lovely person you'll ever wish to meet & I wish with all my heart that I could love him properly - he worships me & treats me like a princess. Ive tried to feel differently again and again, but i cannot make myself love someone.

I tried to end the relationship, but he was absolutely devestated and it broke my heart. I ended up saying we'd try to work through this and here we are.

A few weeks ago, his brother (Whom i have been denying falling in love with over the past few months..) admitted his feelings for me. We've always got on brilliantly and this has just come out of the blue. Again, we've both tried desperately to stop these feelings, but we cant. I do think that without the whole 'family' issue, we may just be perfect for one-another. I am obsessed with him.

What do I do? Im such a mess right now, Im not eating, sleeping, I cant work properly. This is so awful.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally i think regardless of what happens with the boyfriend, weather or not you decide to work at it, decide to sit down and talk about it or end it all now the last thing you should do is to then go out with his brother.

And i don't even think you could finish with your boyfriend, leave it 6 months then start seeing his brother, i know it's not what you want to hear but if i was your boyfriend i would be heartbroken at losing my girlfriend, then if she went out with my brother... i dunno, i could deal with it in a hundred different ways but i'd have no respect for either of you and would feel like you were both just taking the piss out of me.

Only you two know what is going on between you both, but personally i would sit down with him and end the relationship, he doesn't deserve to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't feel the same about him as he feels for you, it will break his heart undoubtedly, it did my my ex finished things with me, took me several months to get over due to everything i had been through with her, helped her with then she turned around one day and finished it, completely out of the blue.

Several months later i started to move on, and god, the world is a big places, freedom is a great thing, being able to do what you want, when you want, being able to be selfish, meet who you want and have fun!

Do him a favour and set him free from this one sided relationship, and then at least show him some respect by not getting with his brother, sounds like he doesnt deserve to be shit on.