Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cheapest place to buy ink?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a Canon ip4600 printer. When I was in London, I was able to pick up all 5 inks for about £38. I can't order these inks from their website.

Is there anywhere online that sells all 5 for roughly this price, please? I know ink jungle sell them for about £44.

Also, am I correct in thinking that buying new cartridges is better than just refilling the cartridge? Sure that's what I'e been told; but can't remember why.

Comments

• Options
    I didn't know that Jungle was still going. I used them religiously and they were great for ink prices but they went to pot when they got taken over by Argos a few years ago. I thought Jungle was simply Argos now.

I have always advised against refills / compatibles. You're basically gambling your printer on red or black on a roulette wheel. A bad refill/compatible will render the printer unprintable and void the warranty. It happened to a lot of my customers at my old job.
  • Options
    Go to Cartidge World and get them refilled. Better than paying £££ for new ink cartridges all the time!!
  • Options
    The only trouble with refilling cartidges is that the seals on the cartridges are not designed to be constantly taken in and out of the printer eventualy they fail and allow air into the system.
    Buying a set of proper refillable cartridges is the answer but even these will fail sonner or later but they are so cheap it is nothong to worry about.
    The important thing here is the ink you are refiling with, cheap generic inks are going to ruin your printer everytime.
    Try to find inks that have been matched to the genuine ones not just colour matched but the viscosity is important.
    Modern inks are pigment based the dearer inks have very finely ground molecules and flow very well cheaper inks are thicker and virtually have "bits" in them so easily clog the printer heads.
    Try this firm i found them very good and reliable.
    http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/cheap-printer-cartridges/canon/ip4600/ip-series
  • Options
    Get an external ink tank if you can - huge savings on ink costs - I have one on my printer and you just top up with ink - each tank hold the same as 10 to 15 normal cartridges and I've seen the refill ink as cheap as 50p for 100 ml black.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=827&q=ciss&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
  • Options
    I've found this link usefull for cannon ink cartridges, :hyper:

Check them out:
    Canon Compatible Ink Cartridges

I think new ones are better because they have the exact same ink as the cartridge originally had.:chin:

:wave: :wave: